• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Medication and the Power to reason

T

Twylight

as a Veteran of Paranoid Schizophrenia, I've got an angle on it, it no longer haunts me
But I think when people first become unwell and are put on Major Tranquilisers, the medication which keeps them out of Psychosis also prevents them from working out ' What on Earth happened '.
They lose the ' Power to Reason '.

A

Apotheosis

True. These states can often be worked through; given the right therapeutic environment - But how many in the West are given such an opportunity?

A

Apotheosis

Great - it helps to a degree I suppose - It is a very poor substitute for 'real life' interactions however. I do enjoy the net - it is good for information & networking (meeting people). There does however need to be a balance.

T

Twylight

Real lIfe interactions

What tends to happen:

Is that i'll see a patient in town, and neither of us knows if we're taking our tablets.
So to avoid what could be an embarrasing or even dangerous situation - we ignore each other