• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Medication and the Power to reason

T

Twylight

as a Veteran of Paranoid Schizophrenia, I've got an angle on it, it no longer haunts me
But I think when people first become unwell and are put on Major Tranquilisers, the medication which keeps them out of Psychosis also prevents them from working out ' What on Earth happened '.
They lose the ' Power to Reason '.

A

Apotheosis

True. These states can often be worked through; given the right therapeutic environment - But how many in the West are given such an opportunity?

A

Apotheosis

Great - it helps to a degree I suppose - It is a very poor substitute for 'real life' interactions however. I do enjoy the net - it is good for information & networking (meeting people). There does however need to be a balance.

T

Twylight

Real lIfe interactions

What tends to happen:

Is that i'll see a patient in town, and neither of us knows if we're taking our tablets.
So to avoid what could be an embarrasing or even dangerous situation - we ignore each other

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Can the progression of schizophrenia be slowed down or delayed with treatment/medication? I need treatment right now. I also have anhedonia. Schizophrenia Forum 8
I Psychotic on so much medication. How is that possible? Schizophrenia Forum 28
BEASTMODEWARRIOR i realize there is no perfect medication out there no perfect psychiatrist at all. Schizophrenia Forum 12
S Antipsychotic Medication Side Effects Schizophrenia Forum 18
T No easy way off medication Schizophrenia Forum 7
K medication - paliperidone or zupentixol? Schizophrenia Forum 2
LORD BURT Alcohol and medication. Schizophrenia Forum 6
Bek Medication Schizophrenia Forum 36
S Medication Possibilities Schizophrenia Forum 8
P Medication Schizophrenia Forum 14
ht46 self medication Schizophrenia Forum 8
W Problems with latuda medication-broken sleep Schizophrenia Forum 1
D Son refusing medication Schizophrenia Forum 10
S Medication question Schizophrenia Forum 1
Finite Remote Medication Review Schizophrenia Forum 14
T Is there anyone try medication for thought broadcasting and it realy worked???? Schizophrenia Forum 7
Cabra Anyone not on medication? Schizophrenia Forum 8
Micsodi Mood stabilizers for maniac depression, anxiety medication and sleeping pills. How to escape the side-effects best? What goes with Abilify? Schizophrenia Forum 1
FadeToBlack Benefit Vs. Risk - Medication Schizophrenia Forum 6
R Is there any chance to come out of psychotic medication, or reduced medication? Schizophrenia Forum 12
H Stimulant and antipsychotic medication experiences? Schizophrenia Forum 9
A On Medication and Still Psychotic Schizophrenia Forum 15
R Can you be forced to take medication for schizophrenia in the uk Schizophrenia Forum 10
S I just want to reduce my psychiatric medication Schizophrenia Forum 6
S Is anyone else here preoccupied with fasting while off medication? Schizophrenia Forum 2
C Medication advice (olanzapine,mirtazapine) Schizophrenia Forum 7
DoctorInternet2 I won't take medication Schizophrenia Forum 3
C Medication advice Schizophrenia Forum 1
A What is the best medication for psychosis Schizophrenia Forum 21
fazza Medication review today Schizophrenia Forum 10
boudreauj4 Medication frequency change Schizophrenia Forum 4
N External Paranoia - & Medication Treatments - Working?! Schizophrenia Forum 3
4 has taking medication dulled your psychic abilities? Schizophrenia Forum 10
C Had to up my dose of antipsychotic medication Schizophrenia Forum 3
S Levomepromazine. Has anyone tried this medication? Schizophrenia Forum 5
C Coming off antipsychotic medication Schizophrenia Forum 4
S All the medication did for me was... Schizophrenia Forum 1
F Minimal effects of prolonged smoking abstinence or resumption on cognitive performance challenge the "self-medication" hypothesis in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Forum 1
F Stability and development of psychotic symptoms and the use of antipsychotic medication - long-term follow-up. Schizophrenia Forum 7
M Schizophrenia caused by Medication Schizophrenia Forum 1
cpuusage Lifetime antipsychotic medication and cognitive performance in schizophrenia Schizophrenia Forum 1
M Recovery From Schizophrenia: A Journal Of My Recovery And Reduction Of Medication The Right Way Schizophrenia Forum 51
cpuusage Is Schizophrenia Associated with Brain Volume Changes Independently of Medication? Schizophrenia Forum 3
N If I went to prison would I still be forced to take Antipsychotic medication. Schizophrenia Forum 55
cpuusage Antipsychotic Medication Study Focuses on Patient Experiences Schizophrenia Forum 3
Poopy Doll Medication Hurt My Friend Schizophrenia Forum 6
cpuusage Take These Broken Wings -- Recovery from Schizophrenia without Medication (FULL FILM) Schizophrenia Forum 2
F Lifetime antipsychotic medication and cognitive performance in schizophrenia at age 43 years in a general population birth cohort Schizophrenia Forum 1
S Medication is the only way Schizophrenia Forum 17
E Am I too old?! And do you still drink on medication? Schizophrenia Forum 10