• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Medication advice

C

CabbageMama

Without even a heads up though? Knowing both would trigger the emergency response? All done behind my back when I am working exceptionally hard to regain a good level of control. I told them my 13 year old and I were fine, because we are. While I remain upset that my 12 year old refuses to come home, we are calm and relaxed, I am taking the time to breathe and to regain some strength. What they have done is destabilizing and feeds the paranoia that I have been battling that things are happening behind my back, which I was honest with them about. I haven't had an apology or an explanation and honestly, I feel both are warranted. I am expected to take ownership of all of my behaviour, but they can do what they want? And how worried actually are they when yesterday they didn't check in with me by phone, text or in person - I was finishing my PIP paperwork and getting on with some jobs. Was chilled and happy when my 13 year old got home and had planned, still had, a pizza and film night to celebrate the end of term.

I was not anti contacting the MH team. I do so whenever I feel I need to, they know this, as do the MH team. They not only contacted them, but Camhs who are connected with my 12 year old. Then both set alerts off to the Family Support worker, even though my Stepdad had already contacted them. That is not supportive behaviour. They haven't so much as texted my 13 year old to check on him, so can't be that worried about his safety. Nor made contact with me, so I feel the same applies.

Although, I got up this morning and did my Son's paper round with him, have had a few more hours sleep since and we have plans for a calm and restful day. My head is fine.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Two days ago your head wasn't fine, you said so yourself on here, so this is probably why they did what they did. Just keep taking it easy for now.

C

CabbageMama

I think it must be a part of my bipolar that does not filter the honesty. I feel what I feel, if I am able to be honest with a person, I will explain just that. While I may have had feelings that I wasn’t good enough, could not cope, just wanted to end it, there was never any risk that I would have done so. God bless the rapid cycling, for ensuring I would be confident all was well when I had my Son back with me. Lessons have been learned, I can’t be wholly honest with the people who are meant to be supporting me and caring for me. It’s a bit shit, because they were one of my protective factors, but there we are. My Stepdad explained that he saw a real risk to my wellbeing as I had tried to take my Life twice before. This was 25 and 27 years ago, so not a recent experience. And before I had my children, who are my absolute world. He refused to apologise for the pain and distress caused, said he had acted in my best interests. I left it, there is nothing to be gained from arguing. I saw my 12 year old today and it went well. They plan to come home tomorrow or Friday.

S

SFGuy

I left it, there is nothing to be gained from arguing.
Great choice. Since you are inevitably stressed by family changes right now, you’re smart to keep on avoiding arguments. They’ll just add more stress.

It’s great to see how you keep landing on your feet even after your emotions run hot.

C

CabbageMama

Great choice. Since you are inevitably stressed by family changes right now, you’re smart to keep on avoiding arguments. They’ll just add more stress.

It’s great to see how you keep landing on your feet even after your emotions run hot.
Thank you for your kindness SFGuy, feels in short supply for me at the moment. Am doing ok, but it's breaking my heart that my 12 year old won't come home. Lucky to have my 13 year old to hold everything together for.