• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Media Images

Y

Yorkshiremare

Although I know my depression has a lot to do with this problem, but I would like to know if there are any other women out there who feel so fed up with constantly seeing gorgeous images of women everywhere. There is so much pressure on us to look like this and it worries me that men actually get sucked into all this. I just left a relationship with a bloke who teased me about the La Senza model so i appreciate I may be sensitive. Will I get over this feeling?

A

anastasia

i do!

I hate it.

i'm fat, i know it but im trying and yet i knwo i'll never fit in to a size 10 or even a 12 and yet you feel like you have to cos that's what is considered "normal" i hate it.

invise

invise

Im a bloke and I hate it! (no im not gay :) )

It gets really draining seeing mates striving to be thin and "beautiful". I saw a girl I knew at school not long ago and had to ask if she was feeling ok, she asked why? and I told her its cause she looked waaaay to skinny.

What every happened to the sexy curver of Marilyn Monroe's time?

Im quite a cuddly kinda person, and ribs are not good, their gross. Much better to be with a 'healthy' girl that feels warm and fuzzy when you hug, not a stick. And, Im gonna say it cause im mid rant, Im a guy - I think about sex with girls, and fake boobs are eeeuugh, and a girl I think im gonna break or that looks 12 is just horrible.

Why do guys want girls with the body of a skinny 12 year old?

Is it just me or is the new "body size" trends actually a little bit paedophillic? I mean, come on, models now are basically 12 year old looking girls with a bit of silicone glued onto them.

Anyway, sorry Im in a ranting mood! You dont need to be a "normal" (normal is just societies misconceptions about popularity) size to be sexy. How many guys would turn down a date with Dawn French? I wouldnt... Laughter is contageous, smiling is sexy, curves are beautiful; sticks are not.

A

anastasia

Im a bloke and I hate it! (no im not gay :) )

It gets really draining seeing mates striving to be thin and "beautiful". I saw a girl I knew at school not long ago and had to ask if she was feeling ok, she asked why? and I told her its cause she looked waaaay to skinny.

What every happened to the sexy curver of Marilyn Monroe's time?

Im quite a cuddly kinda person, and ribs are not good, their gross. Much better to be with a 'healthy' girl that feels warm and fuzzy when you hug, not a stick. And, Im gonna say it cause im mid rant, Im a guy - I think about sex with girls, and fake boobs are eeeuugh, and a girl I think im gonna break or that looks 12 is just horrible.

Why do guys want girls with the body of a skinny 12 year old?

Is it just me or is the new "body size" trends actually a little bit paedophillic? I mean, come on, models now are basically 12 year old looking girls with a bit of silicone glued onto them.

Anyway, sorry Im in a ranting mood! You dont need to be a "normal" (normal is just societies misconceptions about popularity) size to be sexy. How many guys would turn down a date with Dawn French? I wouldnt... Laughter is contageous, smiling is sexy, curves are beautiful; sticks are not.
please keep saying that to me! seriously.

i'm a size 18 at the moment and i feel fairly sexy. i was a 22 - 24 a couple months ago (lost 4 stone) and i hated it. i felt like a sack. i still have days (like today) when i do and i refuse to get rid of my last oversized top and tracksuit bottoms despite them not fitting.

but yeah, i love guys like you who make people like me feel like they're not so fat that they're not sexy. just wish there were more people out there like you.

thedreamswehad

thedreamswehad

I hate it too.

I'm a size 14. but i'm happy with my body. I was anorexic and a size 6 i wasn't half as happy as i am now. There is sooo much more to life then being a size 8 or 10. And there are still men out there who like women for more than just their size/looks.

And congrats on your weight loss ana, i think 18 is a fab size to be.

J

jamesdean

Although I know my depression has a lot to do with this problem, but I would like to know if there are any other women out there who feel so fed up with constantly seeing gorgeous images of women everywhere. There is so much pressure on us to look like this and it worries me that men actually get sucked into all this. I just left a relationship with a bloke who teased me about the La Senza model so i appreciate I may be sensitive. Will I get over this feeling?
You know I went into the la senza shop with my cousin n I was gob smacked no disrespect to anyone but the sales assitant was huge.

Body image is a real difficult tn I want to say this because its caused me embarresment now I think. But I coulnt even look in the mirror until I was about 33 I had always believed that I was huge really believed it never even checked in th mirror thta was the awy that I felt about myself all through school through out everything really nyet I ssen some photos recently I was skinny has a rake.

Anyway about 13 years agow when I had all my body piercings a photgrapher wnted to take some very adult naked photos of me n he was going to give me a set of them anyway we lost touch at that time another guy did a drawing of me half naked n I was really proud of it anyway I hadnt thought about the photos until recently when dollit in factwas saying that has photograther she was going to do some naked photos.

recently I got tlaking to someone from the a photograhy group n I sent an email saying how I wondered about doing some naked photos n then I thought oh shit I have been to forward but I explained that I wondered if it would help me with my body imagine these days even n because I have the ileostomy if it would show this in a positive image though only that the person did decline.

I think with mh we do see out bodies in anegative way, I have had some terriable rejection because I have an ilesotomy.