• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

media and mental health focus group research: friends/family and 'carers'

K

kmrc

media and mental health focus group research: friends/family and 'carers'

Dear All,
I hope you don't mind me using this forum to ask you. My organisation is conducting research on the way the media influences people's attitudes towards mental health and what more information is needed. We have been talking to many different people from the 'general public' and service users.

We would like to talk to people who are friends or family of people with mental health issues. Does anyone live in London who would like to come along? The focus group will be on Monday 8th September 4pm-5.30pm at the London Councils offices (59 and a half Southwark Street, SE1 0AL). All participants will get a £20 high street voucher as a thank you.

The discussion will be very informal and open and we want to explore how the media makes you feel and what more information people would like to see in the media.

If you would like to come along, please contact me first as we need to reserve places at [email protected] or 020 7993 5987.

The research has been commissioned by SHIFT.

Many thanks again

Katie

B

Broken Spirit

HI Katie

I read your post with interest but i ufortunately won`t be able to attend as i live too far away, however i do hope that you post the results of your research on this forum. For me personally i believe that society needs educating on issues of mental illness, as knowledge leads to understanding & hopefully this will lead to a better acceptance for sufferers.

K

kmrc

research focus group

Thanks Broken Spirit. I'm sorry that you can't make it. We will give details of the research once published, on the forum - should be in October.

I read your post with interest but i ufortunately won`t be able to attend as i live too far away, however i do hope that you post the results of your research on this forum. For me personally i believe that society needs educating on issues of mental illness, as knowledge leads to understanding & hopefully this will lead to a better acceptance for sufferers.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Being ignored on social media People 16
K Blocking people on social media People 2
blueMandM90 Friend has removed me of social media People 4
S Seeking Help with Ex-partner with Mental Health Issues People 1
M Feeling bad due my mother's physical/mental health People 1
J Finding Out Which Bloodline My Mental Health May Come From Through Ancestry People 4
L The mental health problems of celebrities People 3
R Talking to parents about mental health People 1
C My parents don’t believe I have a mental health issue and it is making me worse People 5
M Raising kids despite having a mental illness People 6
K Roommate might have a serious mental disorder? Am I safe? People 1
T Supporting someone with mental health issues when you have them yourself People 6
PinkCandyFloss Fiancés best fried treats me differently because of my mental health People 8
W Now and then I struggle with my mum's mental health People 3
S Need help to deal with mental pain People 6
V parenting and mental illness People 2
B Cheating-mental illness? People 2
K Pushed me away because of Mental Health People 1
R Marriage and Mental Illness People 2
A how am I of best support as a girlfriend for someone with mental illness? People 2
ShiroVivi We both have mental problems.....I don't know what to do.... People 4
A My Mother and her mental state. People 4
D Soon to be wife and mental health. Advice? People 9
I LTR Mental Health on Both Sides Advice People 3
blueMandM90 I have allowed my mental health to make me selfish (friendship/relations advice) thanks! x People 2
O my sister has an undiagnosed mental illness, please help? People 5
Lincoln1990 Dating while having mental illness People 10
S I wonder what it would be like to date someone with a mental illness like I do People 3
S I want to date someone with a mental illness like i have People 5
H Emergency Mental Health Tech. People 1
S Not Living With My Daughter Due To Mental Health Problems People 4
S Mental health views People 8
Crystalized Can 2 people with mental illnesses have a healthy relationship? People 12
L Mental Illness and commitment! People 2
S Mental illness or diabetes....which would you choose? People 9
cpuusage Learned behavior (in the family) matters for mental health People 2
B How do our Family's Deal and Cope with Mental Health Issues? People 6
cpuusage A Daughter’s Call for Safety and Sanity in Mental Health People 2
LaborIntensive Mental Health and Bad Parents People 1
C Hi anyone with mental health problems who gets hell from a sibling about effing up their life? People 4
H Mother's mental illness-help/advice needed People 3
S I need advice...im struggling to cope with my relationship..(with my partners mental health issues) People 3
M Living with a partner recently diagnosed with a mental illness People 4
Q I think my stepdad has a mental illness People 5
C Husband with mental illness People 4
R Mental Health through Art ... please help! People 1
L Talking about mental health in a new relationship People 3
Hayyyleyyy 2 people with mental health issues? People 1
bert tomato My family is a mental health minefield. People 5
K Children of mental health suffers People 8