• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

media and mental health focus group research: friends/family and 'carers'

K

kmrc

media and mental health focus group research: friends/family and 'carers'

Dear All,
I hope you don't mind me using this forum to ask you. My organisation is conducting research on the way the media influences people's attitudes towards mental health and what more information is needed. We have been talking to many different people from the 'general public' and service users.

We would like to talk to people who are friends or family of people with mental health issues. Does anyone live in London who would like to come along? The focus group will be on Monday 8th September 4pm-5.30pm at the London Councils offices (59 and a half Southwark Street, SE1 0AL). All participants will get a £20 high street voucher as a thank you.

The discussion will be very informal and open and we want to explore how the media makes you feel and what more information people would like to see in the media.

If you would like to come along, please contact me first as we need to reserve places at [email protected] or 020 7993 5987.

The research has been commissioned by SHIFT.

Many thanks again

Katie

B

Broken Spirit

HI Katie

I read your post with interest but i ufortunately won`t be able to attend as i live too far away, however i do hope that you post the results of your research on this forum. For me personally i believe that society needs educating on issues of mental illness, as knowledge leads to understanding & hopefully this will lead to a better acceptance for sufferers.

K

kmrc

research focus group

Thanks Broken Spirit. I'm sorry that you can't make it. We will give details of the research once published, on the forum - should be in October.

I read your post with interest but i ufortunately won`t be able to attend as i live too far away, however i do hope that you post the results of your research on this forum. For me personally i believe that society needs educating on issues of mental illness, as knowledge leads to understanding & hopefully this will lead to a better acceptance for sufferers.