Med change confusion.

J

jumbled

any input appreciated

I have been on Olanzapine-Teva (doctors pharmacy) for some months, now I go and stock up from the ASDA (first time I've been to that pharmacy) and I get Zyprexa....

Is there a difference and if I keep on getting them from ASDA will it always be Zyprexa?

CBTish

CBTish

It's exactly the same stuff but from a different factory. Zyprexa was the original brand. There's no telling whether Asda will always supply the same brand. Maybe the staff there will know, but I've found pharmacy staff don't know much about the supply chain.

L

lostminty

I read about the difference between generic medication (teva) and brand name (zyprexa). In one study the difference in active dose between generic and brand name was of the same magnitude of difference found between different batches of the the brand name.

The main difference is that you may experience a different placebo effect. Because the pill looks different, you mind might trick you into thinking they feel different. It's very common. So common in fact that the majority of the effectiveness of antidepressants is due to the placebo effect.

Last edited: