• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Me too bored with life

T

Toniyl40

Well I have suffered with depression for years. Now I’m going through a bored faze. I feel bored even if I’m doing something. I don’t work so I spend most of my days sleep or watching t.v. I over sleep everyday and then wake up for a few boring hours. I wake up and repeat the same routine. My medications don’t work neither did therapy. I wish I would disappear into my dreams often. What to do?

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am sorry you are suffering with depression. It is such a horrid thing to have. First I just want to ask, how much therapy have you had? It could be you may benefit from a different type of therapy or a different therapist. There are good and not so good ones around. It is a shame you do not respond to medication.

I think it can be really hard to find interests when we are depressed. I wonder if you could give something new a try? Maybe jigsaws, gaming, reading, taking care of a plant, a craft, some kind of art.

S

sallimae76

Well I have suffered with depression for years. Now I’m going through a bored faze. I feel bored even if I’m doing something. I don’t work so I spend most of my days sleep or watching t.v. I over sleep everyday and then wake up for a few boring hours. I wake up and repeat the same routine. My medications don’t work neither did therapy. I wish I would disappear into my dreams often. What to do?
Lucky you don't work. I play the lotto when the jackpot is big and dream of not working. All of my energy goes into passing off as normal at work, and hiding my depression. I really just want to eat, sleep and watch TV. Life is boring and meaningless to me. I am a 44 year old virgin, and I don't want that to change. I am lonely, but I am disinterested in everything, and I don't want to put in the energy to make new friends.

T

treasurebox

Music therapy works for me. Listening to good, uplifting and encouraging songs in youtube makes me think and feel better. Try it, it is good.

Also, do what you love to do or do what you are good at. Is it cooking, writing, baking, arts and crafts, carpentry etc. Do it. It will make you happy and fulfilled.

T

Toniyl40

I am sorry you are suffering with depression. It is such a horrid thing to have. First I just want to ask, how much therapy have you had? It could be you may benefit from a different type of therapy or a different therapist. There are good and not so good ones around. It is a shame you do not respond to medication.

I think it can be really hard to find interests when we are depressed. I wonder if you could give something new a try? Maybe jigsaws, gaming, reading, taking care of a plant, a craft, some kind of art.
Thanks for your reply. I have had about 5 therapist and overall I ended up still depressed. I did like talking to one but I couldn’t no longer afford it. I have another one now but we hardly ever meet.( she’s free). I’m thinking about joining group therapy. I know I need to try something different it’s just I don’t even have the attention span to stick with it. I got some new medication so I’m hoping it works. Are you depressed. How are you doing?

T

Toniyl40

Lucky you don't work. I play the lotto when the jackpot is big and dream of not working. All of my energy goes into passing off as normal at work, and hiding my depression. I really just want to eat, sleep and watch TV. Life is boring and meaningless to me. I am a 44 year old virgin, and I don't want that to change. I am lonely, but I am disinterested in everything, and I don't want to put in the energy to make new friends.
Well thanks for sharing. Seems like you are like me kinda except I want to work. It will give me something to do. I need to work so I can be back on my own. It’s terrible feeling like life is meaningless. I so want to have a purpose.

T

Toniyl40

Music therapy works for me. Listening to good, uplifting and encouraging songs in youtube makes me think and feel better. Try it, it is good.

Also, do what you love to do or do what you are good at. Is it cooking, writing, baking, arts and crafts, carpentry etc. Do it. It will make you happy and fulfilled.
Well I need to find out what I love 💕. I really don’t love anything. Well it’s one self centered thing I love. Getting dressed up and getting hit on by men. I love attention. I haven’t had that kind of attention since my college days. Now fast forward years later I’m frumpy and no one talks to me. I know this sounds stupid but I have low self esteem.

S

sallimae76

Life, sometimes, leaves some folk behind - if there is a reason, I've no idea of what it is.
I've had a lot of people ditch me and leave me behind. It hurts, but what can you do?

I

Ian Haines

I think we should.......................................................................

.................................................................................I don't know.

P

Prycejosh1987

Medication is half the journey, the other half is the choices you make and desires you have. Invest in something not usual. Work on communication with your loved ones and build that support system.

I

Ian Haines

I remember when depression made everything boring for me, too. All the roads from the outside world, into the inside world of my pleasure centre/s...were broken. Favourite music? Who cares? Favourite hobbies? Who cares? Favourite TV shows? Who cares? Foods? Smells? Sights? Flavours? Sounds? Pets? Beautiful girls?...(My absolute favourite, of all time/s?) No response.

So, yes...everything outside our bodies becomes boring, lifeless, dull, flat.

The chemical chain leading from all of my organs/senses (giving me out to the world, and passing the world, inside, to me) were missing links and (1) nothing got through to me, from the outside world, and (2) nothing got out from me, into that outside world.

Everybody around seems to think it's their fault, and it's often nothing of the kind. It's easy to feel that they're angry and want to display it, but often won't, because they don't want to be guilty of making us feel worse than we already do. They're angry at your condition and they're angry at their inability to change it for you, when they dearly want to.