• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

me, myself, I.

BrianHorlicks

BrianHorlicks

Do you say 'me', or 'we',
When you talk about yourself?

T

Taffy

I or me
secretly ....there's a "we...."

but.... I don't want to be mistaken for the Queen.....
although the resemblance is remarkable:respect:

D

Deliah

I used to say we when talking to myself, which felt like talking to selves, with differing voices and so on. I used to often talk to myself as if I was more than one. 'We'll be ok' and so on. D x

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I just I. It annoys me when people say 'us' or 'we' like they are in some sort safety by numbers.

Especially when they say 'it is about us' when they are competely wrong!!!

Narcissitic idiots.

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

Usually “I” but will often stray into “we” or “our” when talking about the house for example. Habit I’m afraid. Even though I have been widowed nearly 8 years now, 40 plus years of being in a partnership makes it hard to break the habit of thinking I share everything.
On the subject of the royal we, I fondly remember the time when one of Margaret Thatcher’s children had a baby. She proudly announced “we are a grandmother”.

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I use 'I' when talking about my own experiences and ideas. For example I'll say to someone "I think" or "as I understand it'.
I'll say 'we' when I hope I'm speaking for more than just myself. For example I'll say "we're here for you" or "we went to".
I think both 'we' or 'I' can be used incorrectly.
As Brat suggested 'we' can be used to create a false concensus; but 'I' can be misused too and I think is even more narcissistic than 'we'. For example someone might say "I'm such and such" marking themselves out as special implying that nobody else is that thing; or that "I did it myself" conviniently forgetting all the help other people gave him/her to make that success possible.

BrianHorlicks

BrianHorlicks

I just I. It annoys me when people say 'us' or 'we' like they are in some sort safety by numbers.

Especially when they say 'it is about us' when they are competely wrong!!!

Narcissitic idiots.
I have never been on my own,
Even when I'm by myself.
how can I be 'narcissitic', when I don't know
Whos really looking back at me in the mirror?
And i have never done a 'selfie'.

T

Taffy

Perhaps the question might have been asked as "how many of me are there?"
In my case.. several.. I say "I" in public and "we" when talking to myselves.
Well one of me does..:) hard to explain really ..

BrianHorlicks

BrianHorlicks

Perhaps the question might have been asked as "how many of me are there?"
In my case.. several.. I say "I" in public and "we" when talking to myselves.
Well one of me does..:) hard to explain really ..
I think i know what you mean.

C

Caro5

I use I when talking to others but when I am talking to myself I think I sometimes use we and when I am trying to relax or feeling scared then I say'you'll be ok' or whatever. I have tried to change to 'I'll be ok' but it doesn't feel right. We are all more than one person I guess even those people who don't realise it?

BrianHorlicks

BrianHorlicks

I use I when talking to others but when I am talking to myself I think I sometimes use we and when I am trying to relax or feeling scared then I say'you'll be ok' or whatever. I have tried to change to 'I'll be ok' but it doesn't feel right. We are all more than one person I guess even those people who don't realise it?
Yes!
Your right!
We all have someone looking after us,
Sometimes you will know,
Other times you won't.
All you have to do is ask.