me myself and anxiety

Y

YunaAlessa

Hi guys,
i am 30 years old and did not had any issues with anxiety or panic attacks.
almost 3 years ago my soon to be ex husband brought me and my daughter to the Us.My trauma journey started.Short financial abuse ,physical abuse,mental abuse,sexual abuse..thank god i made it out 1 1/2 years ago.But when the trauma stopped the anxiety started.Bad thought i am afraid to drive (even though i do it every day) but it is challangin.Anxiety and panic attacks is what i have.At this point i am thinking about medical therapy because it gets worse and worse.I just got some genexa which is more an natural thing for anxiety (i think it might be a little too late for me because i am pretty much on the edge but i want to try) and if not i want to see what you guys are taking and what really helps.I was a physician assistant which led me to be a hypochondric aswell so yeah...i deceided that i need to get better and i want to get better.

thank you for reading this.

have a wonderful day

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Welcome to the forum.
Do you mean meds or therapy when you say medical therapy?
You have been though a lot so I would have though some therapy would help you a lot.

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi and welcome!

I think it's a great idea to speak with a doctor. If your anxiety is intolerable you may be prescribed a medication for the short term. And I also think talk therapy to work through the traumas will be very effective.

You've been through so much and it is completely normal that the traumas have created some difficult psychological symptoms. Please be kind to yourself and patient, too. We're here to listen if you want to share some more. Reading the stories of others who are struggling can be helpful if you feel alone.

Wishing you some peace and relief.

Y

YunaAlessa

thank you for being kind and welcoming
i have been in therapy for 7 months...it helped but running thoughts and anxiety are still an issue.

i tried genexa for the first time today.and it helped which i find very suprising.for the first time i hd to reming me lik hey we are not thinking of the apocalypse...awsome

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

Try therapy before medication first. Establish a good relationship with your psychologist and let everything that bothers you out.

I was on therapy( talk sessions) for 14 years and was doing well. Talking and venting out is good therapy.

Do you have friends that you socialize with? Is your life a routine? The reason I ask this is because routines don’t distract us enough from our oun emotions.

Also think about a trip or travel somewhere to relax. Having fun, laughing, exercising etc.. can improve your situation dramatically. I tried those things but find traveling is a really golden cure.

Wishing you peace and blessings.

Y

YunaAlessa

hi there,
i have a few wonderfull friends a wonderful loving bf and a healthy happy daughter.
I made it on my own in a different unknown country.and i give myself props.

i broke in 1000 pieces and picked myself up. What was left was this stupid nonsense anxiety me being hypochondic and those running thoughts.

as i mentioned therapy build me up alot. but i am a very very closed in person i did not like to talk to anyone i had to force myself and it wasnt very pleasent to me.
but i did it.

at this point i am happy with the most part of my life.