• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

me in a nutshell

mekryc

mekryc

Canada (guess im on the wrong side fo the Atlantic
Hi everybody, im 16 and I have been depressed for many months now. Not exactly sure what's wrong with me but I decided enough was enough and found this place. I know I should see a professional but I really just want someone to talk to(I can hardly talk in social settings) who may understand what im going throuugh and that will listen. I think i have paranoia BPD or schizophrenia but right now i cant figure out why i feel so depressed. Anyway thats me in a nut shell thank you so much for reading it means alot to me:grouphug:

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi

Hi there, well you found a good friendly place to start if you need to talk. Maybe you should also see a doctor though. Why wait to feel worse when its possibly not necessary. Don't self diagnose (we all do it) you end up convincing yourself you have all manner of things.

D

Dollit

It's good that you've found us and feel you can talk but self diagnosis of major mental health problems isn't the best idea in the world. We've all done it and most people turn out to be wrong.

We do understand what you're going through but a real life doctor will help at least to rule out things. There isn't always a cause for depression and a lot of time can be wasted on trying to find out why. Keep coming back and talking - that'll do for the moment.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Mekryc welcome to the forum :welcome:

I couldn't agree more with the previous posts. Its often amazing how much 'stuff' we carry around with us especially when we're feeling rotten and it really can help to have a chat with someone. Doctors in my experience do provide a very good listening ear as well as diagnosis. In the meantime keep in touch through the forum - another excellent way to get rid of or at least share some of the 'stuff' that's dragging you down.