• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

MBT

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am currently having Mentalisation Based Treatment for borderline personality disorder and I don't feel like it is helping I have been having it for about 12 months so far has anyone else here had MBT and has it helped in any way?

S

*Sapphire*

Hi messymoo

I'm sorry you feel your treatment is not helping you. Maybe it is a matter of giving it some more time. Unfortunately MBT is not something I have heard of myself. I also live in Surrey and have the diagnosis of BPD and am currently at the end of an 18 month course of treatment called DBT which has really helped me. If you want to talk a little more about MBT I would be interested to hear what it is about. Otherwise I hope you find someone else on here who knows a bit about it so they can discuss it with you.

Regards
Sapphire

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Sapphire
Thank you for your reply, I find it quite confusing to explain MBT myself. but after some searching I did find this interesting to read and helped me to understand it a bit better too.
http://www.organiclemon.org/id7.html

I suppose I have another 6 months left of this treatment maybe I should just see it out it may help yet.
I am glad the DBT is helping you I have never had DBT but I have heard of it.

Messymoo