• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Maybe ptsd?

• Thread starter TheDarkPassenger
  • Start date
TheDarkPassenger

TheDarkPassenger

Okay so when I was younger I was sexually abused by my older sister. We aren't very far in age and it was before I realized that it was not normal. I almost did the same thing to my younger sister as well. I won't go too deep into detail. Has anyone gone through something similar? If anyone has been through something similar, I'd like to know how you have dealt or are dealing with it?

S

SunnyDaze

I think your best bet would be to talk to a professional about it.

Sorry you experienced that

TheDarkPassenger

TheDarkPassenger

I think your best bet would be to talk to a professional about it.

Sorry you experienced that
Well, the thing is, I am seeing professional help, but it's just a counselor and I'm not feeling any better

S

SunnyDaze

Have you been talking about it and working through it?

Have you considered seeing someone else since you don't seem to be benefiting?

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

My exwife was sexually abused by a friend of the family and didnt realize being very young what was going on and started doing it to her little sister. Shes struggled with it her whole life.

The biggest thing is realizing you were a victim and didnt know any better. You have to be able to forgive yourself.

If youd like to go into greater detail but dont feel comfortable in public feel free to PM

TheDarkPassenger

TheDarkPassenger

Have you been talking about it and working through it?

Have you considered seeing someone else since you don't seem to be benefiting?
yeah but once you get in, actually changing it is pretty difficult

S

SunnyDaze

I was sexually abused. It's a hard thing to deal with sometimes.

It's not something you ever forget or ever really get over. You just learn to accept it and manage the best you can.

TheDarkPassenger

TheDarkPassenger

It's not something you ever forget or ever really get over. You just learn to accept it and manage the best you can.
I think I've been doing okay, except for avoiding human contact completely and non-purposefully pushing people away. The only thing that gets me out of the house is my work and appts

S

SunnyDaze

Sorry,I realize that sounded very simplistic.

The best thing is seeking professional help.And learning it wasn't your fault and it's not your shame to carry.

I was sexually abused my entire childhood and have pretty severe PTSD from it. I went through trauma therapy,which helped.

Have you been diagnosed with PTSD?

K

Keesha

I was also sexually abused as a child and gang raped as an adult.
It never goes away.
Trust and close intimacy, almost impossible.
I’ve got ongoing ptsd that never goes away.

TheDarkPassenger

TheDarkPassenger

Sorry,I realize that sounded very simplistic.

The best thing is seeking professional help.And learning it wasn't your fault and it's not your shame to carry.

I was sexually abused my entire childhood and have pretty severe PTSD from it. I went through trauma therapy,which helped.

Have you been diagnosed with PTSD?
Not really, but my councelor has confirmed that I've got a form of ptsd and/or trauma

S

SunnyDaze

If youd like to go into greater detail but dont feel comfortable in public feel free to PM
I feel uncomfortable with you saying that to the poster.You seem to be interested in and attracted to incest?

Maybe I shouldn't judge from your one thread about incest but I guess I am.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

No im interested in helping people and if he wants to pm me. Its none of your business.
You may have missed the part where I explained that my exwife went through same thing.

TheDarkPassenger

TheDarkPassenger

No im interested in helping people and if he wants to pm me. Its none of your business.
You may have missed the part where I explained that my exwife went through same thing.
oh noooo, I'm a girl lmaoo