• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Maybe I'm in the wrong?

sab

sab

I don't know if it belongs here. I needed to rant, or maybe advice? Confirmation my feelings are valid?

I'm struggling with depression for long long time. Few years back, I was attending to counsellor. I was amazing person, first one I trusted after having bad counsellors earlier (all of them were chosen by my toxic parents, but it's different story.) So I was attending to that person like maybe year or half year, something around.

That person soon started avoiding me, cancelling meetings, delaying or changing days to finally cancelling again. One day, we set appointment and when I arrived, in registration/secretary I heard my counsellor isn't here.

I can't remember much what happened after, but I think I gave up. Trying to deal with my problems on my own. I remember some time later, I had very hard times, and decided to message my old counsellor again. Like two or three times maybe? They never replied.

So I was all alone again. Tried to move on, but it was still bugging me, after.

Four years passed (current times) and I felt like needing counselling again. So started looking and found name of person who left me without a word. Don't get me wrong, I didn't, don't feel like revenge or something. I just still felt disappointment, so I left negative opinion, describing how unfairly I felt because of treatment like that. And that peson, intelligent, grown up human, who claim, who work with people needing help and support, instead of apologizing, or trying to clear misunderstanding, or just saying they regret it or something, they just bragged that they has 69 positive notes and weird that everyone felt supported. What even...

I was mad and annoyed, but closed the tab with their name and focused on other things. I even started forgetting I even left them note on the site. Untill today, when I received mail notification that this person left me private message. I was shocked after reading it. Apparently that person didn't put effort to read it carefully, just straight started acting like these teenage girls I knew for some time on chat rooms. Accussong me I hurt them and because of me they had hight sugar (they are diabetes which I didn't have clue about) and ambulance was called and they barely survived, and starred threatening me that "karma will get me".

First of all, I never wished that person bad. Never. They betrayed me big time, leaving when I needed help the most. I get they didn't want to met me anymore, but at least they could give me message, anything.

Second, saying something like that to person who struggling with depression, suicidal thoughts and living in abusive household is just plainly heartless. I cries when read thos and still crying. Never thought that person who is counsellor to others, could say such words to people like me.

At the end they just like the others. And actually I didn't hear anything new. Toxic people in my life kept telling me the same. I just feel hopeless at that moment. I was about to choose new counsellor, but this made me afraid of people again and I don't know if I ever decide to trust anyone again.

My all life was nothing but struggling everyday, on my own because I couldn't count on anyone else. Bad choosing of friends, trust issues, no support from my family. I'm not a saint, many times I was not fair myself, but I don't feel like I'm bad person. But that response made me realize how little I matter, how alone I am and how empty are my future and perspectives. It just hurts.

Thanks for reading. Sorry if there are mistakes, English is not my native language.

E

Elisante

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What the hell? I've heard a lot of stories about unprofessional counsellors but that person was outright nasty. It's unforgivable for a counselor to speak like this.
Please take these "69 positive notes" with a grant of salt. For as far as you know she might have written them herself. You had every right to leave a negative comment. She even blamed you for diabetes? Leave another comment in order to warn people. A bad counselor could destroy someone.

sab

sab

What the hell? I've heard a lot of stories about unprofessional counsellors but that person was outright nasty. It's unforgivable for a counselor to speak like this.
Please take these "69 positive notes" with a grant of salt. For as far as you know she might have written them herself. You had every right to leave a negative comment. She even blamed you for diabetes? Leave another comment in order to warn people. A bad counselor could destroy someone.
She claims because of my negative review, her blood sugar went high and she had to call ambulance. I'm not a doctor nor had any medical knowledge but it seemed fishy for me from the beginning.

My friend whom family member has diabetes, told confirmed me there's something wrong. Even if my former counsellor really had this problem,which I never wished upon them. They have no right to blame me like that. I seen this attitude at my former friends who were below 30 y.o. and that person is much older and acting like them. That was what bugging me the most. I never expected from such person such behavior. It just shows how insignificant I am.

Also I decided to report her to authorities, but don't know if it ever will work.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
That counsellor's behaviour is shocking. They are really unprofessional and immature. I am so sorry you have had this experience. You were so brave to open up and trust in them. For them to turn on you like this shows they are not suited to their job. I think it is a good idea to report them. I hope the authorities will take action.

E

Elisante

ACCOUNT CLOSED
She claims because of my negative review, her blood sugar went high and she had to call ambulance. I'm not a doctor nor had any medical knowledge but it seemed fishy for me from the beginning.

My friend whom family member has diabetes, told confirmed me there's something wrong. Even if my former counsellor really had this problem,which I never wished upon them. They have no right to blame me like that. I seen this attitude at my former friends who were below 30 y.o. and that person is much older and acting like them. That was what bugging me the most. I never expected from such person such behavior. It just shows how insignificant I am.

Also I decided to report her to authorities, but don't know if it ever will work.
If a person is so oversensitive that a negative comment is enough to send them to the hospital they are not suited to be a counsellor (although her story doesn't seem true to begin with).
Her comment could send you to the hospital too considering you have mental health problems that are known to her, but she didn't seem to mind.

sab

sab

If a person is so oversensitive that a negative comment is enough to send them to the hospital they are not suited to be a counsellor (although her story doesn't seem true to begin with).
Her comment could send you to the hospital too considering you have mental health problems that are known to her, but she didn't seem to mind.
Apparently "people love her" and she seemed not caring about my one case among her 69 others.

sab

sab

So after few days of trying to push this case, I finally received reply from admins of that site through which that counsellor woman replied me with nasty message. It's not much, but always small victory against people like that. Admin told me they'll talk with that woman about her inappropriate behaviour, but I'm not gonna stop here. I'm gonna contact Patient Ombudsman (again) and see how matters will go from there.

Hope this doesn't make me look petty, but I need to make sure those things won't happen to others. Someone have to...

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Good for you. I do not think you are being petty at all. She needs to be stopped from being abusive to her clients.

sab

sab

Good for you. I do not think you are being petty at all. She needs to be stopped from being abusive to her clients.
I've been bullied and harassed many times on the internet. On like two social sites (one of them was so called support app called Vent), while I could understand noone could do nothing on normal social site, but on support app for people with mental problems? Well, I lost fight for justice for myself against my bully/harasser on Vent support app. I can partially understand this. This is internet, maybe creators of this app aren't professionalists so that's why they couldn't or didn't want to help me. But this is different, that counsellor woman is listed as professionalist and people with actual problems visits her. I've been tracking bullying topics or things like she did in general, and I just won't allow to let it happen ever again. This situation is different, because I knew this person personally, met her many times during like half year or so. It could be young girl on my place, and she might happen not to be as strong as me, other person being in my situation might harm themselves badly. I've heard many cases like that, even grown up people had their breakdowns, because of people secretly sending them messages similar to what I received. While it may look like I'm wanting revenge at any cost. I'm just fed up with being treated like that, that's why I want to try anything so that woman will have even slightest consequences of her unprofessional behaviour.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am so sorry you have been bullied especially in places were they were meant to offer support. You really are doing the right thing in ensuring this awful person is stopped from damaging others.

sab

sab

I am so sorry you have been bullied especially in places were they were meant to offer support. You really are doing the right thing in ensuring this awful person is stopped from damaging others.
Thanks, I often was adviced to drop such effort or ignore. Bur how you can ignore person who hurt other? How it can stop them? I've been trying to ignore such on social sites but it didn't stop them from stalking me and telling lies to others about me. I think you can't tell others to ignore such behaviour. Stalker may stop bugging you, but may not, may start doing something more nasty to impact you. Or may hurt more sensitive person. It's easy to say "ignore it", when someone didn't experience it themselves. I watched documentary, grown up man, known to others in his environment (can't remember if he was actor or whatever), became aim of some youtuber hater and then he suffered from depression and even tried to hurt himself if I remember well. It only shows how such behaviours are harmful. It's not only letters in chat or email. Because there are living and feeling people behind the screen.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I agree with you. Something like that needs to be challenged not ignored. Gosh, you have had such horrible experiences online. I am so sorry you were bullied and stalked. It is true to say being a victim of hate and bullying is very damaging. I think you are so brave to stand up to this.

sab

sab

I agree with you. Something like that needs to be challenged not ignored. Gosh, you have had such horrible experiences online. I am so sorry you were bullied and stalked. It is true to say being a victim of hate and bullying is very damaging. I think you are so brave to stand up to this.
It is. Can you believe I was stalked online by teenage girl who kept sending me threats and saying it's nothing because it's on the internet? For sure, I'll have mental scar for the rest of my life because people like this.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Gosh, that girl must be really unwell. Did you ever report her to the police?

sab

sab

Gosh, that girl must be really unwell. Did you ever report her to the police?
That girl? I tried reporting her to the site admins/owners. No luck. Usually such cases are hard to help with.