• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

"Matt's Happy Fantasy dreamland Mental Health Techique"

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

#1. Have a regular schedule and things to do (like hobbies) to occupy your mind (especially if your neither volunteering, going to school or working a job, this will help you out).
#2. Find those things that will make you feel good and productive (sign up to go to school, do everything you can to find that job you need or volunteer until you find a job).
#3. When you feel really lonely find those hobbies that will help you block out reality so you can feel better. (Golden rule: Don't block out reality to the point where you become unproductive and apathetic, perform your duties, priorities and maintain yourself and your life).
#4. Get a body pillow if you can. I find as a person with mental illness and is lonely, the biggest poverty in my life is not getting loving touch from the opposites sex. Spoon with a body pillow when your depressed, taking occasional naps or sleeping at night, you'll fall asleep a lot faster and therefore be able to get better sleep.

***Tips: -listen to music on your phone to block out the negativity of your psyche issues during the day.
-Visualize something beautiful: like the opposite sex, the beach, a forest, a sight of the cosmos in a street light free sky.
-Interact with non-toxic loving people on forums and social media sites to vent.
-Eat healthy: I have found that junk food and foods high in carbs make my mood worse.

Well hopefully this will help people on this forum sight, be warrior, stand strong , fight your mental illness demon and be successful.

LOVE Hardknocks88

TerryNoonesGophers

TerryNoonesGophers

Former member
I feel most of the things upon your list are valid points and worth consideration with regards to occupying the busy mind of ours sometimes its time to calm down and just let the experiences just flow over us.

Hardknocks88

Hardknocks88

I feel most of the things upon your list are valid points and worth consideration with regards to occupying the busy mind of ours sometimes its time to calm down and just let the experiences just flow over us.
That's true. I think a man should have yin and yang, a balance of both. Look what happened to the great martial artist and philosopher Bruce Lee, my theory is that he died because he put his mind into too many directions at once physically and mentally and he almost never rested. He had lots of more activity than rest, so like a over worked burnt out battery, he died. Makes me want to cry for his family and the world. I hated seeing the footage of his public memorial at Hong Kong. With me to put have something physical to do, I have been practicing Tai Chi for the past few weeks. Exercises my mind, body and spirit like any legit Spiritual martial art does.