• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Massive life trouble need help

A

Alinandrei30

Hey short story about me my name is andrei and im 31 years old and i live in london for about 8 years i am a good hearted person but im a lier actualy a professional lier i destroy all around me because of my lies , manipulation and gambling whit out this elements in my life i could be a great person but unfortunately i cant get rid of this problems
I lost all a 10 years relationship, but nit that important as my last relationship been whit a fantastic women that made so many sacrifices and self battle whit herself in order for me to change but i always stoped her lied gamble and distroyed all that we had eventualy she got feed up after forgiving me so many times i don't blame her its all my fault
Even after a month i do the same thing all over again i work 5 days and in a space of 8 min i lose all the wages that i work for and on top I also borrowed money from my friends who now lost all trust in me i will probably be on the streets tomorow because im 4 weeks whit the work behind and i cant wake up to the reality i keep lie to myself that it will be ok but is not
I need some advice how to get rid of this issues because i started to have fee atempts on my life but im not able to finish it but im scared that probably on the folowing atempt i will and i will probably make more mess then I already done
Im not looking for petty i am not tring to manipulate anybody i just want help and a way forward to a better life thank u andrei

D

djooj

I have no words other than to welcome you to the forum and im real sorry for what you've been and going through.
Hopefully folk be along.

Take care.

Diesel1988

Diesel1988

i can kind of relate to your problem, when using drugs and alcohol, I lost control of myself, I borrowed a lot of money and used many people in the process, there have been times i have felt threatened by others from the actions made when I was in that state of mind. A time where I was left for dead, in the middle of the street, after being beaten so badly, that i still have problems.I can kind of relate, not entirely but some what. I found after years of self help that in order to deal with the problem is to acknowledge it first, ask yourself how many times do you want to be in that deadly situation, ask yourself if you really want to change, then find solutions to your problem . This is coming from what I have dealt with and the solutions that I uncovered over the years. i hope this may help you in any way.

E

Emmarose35

I have found whatever the substance addiction has been a massive problem to try and fix underlying problems. 12 step recovery is my solution.
Google GA anonymous (gamblers annonymous) find a meeting near u and find others who have put there life back together

DiddyKong

DiddyKong

Thank you for sharing your story with us Andrei.

As said by Diesel, the best place to start is with Acknowledgement. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and sincerely hope that you begin a road towards transformation, I can see that you are seeking a better path just by being here, and for that I commend you, job well done.

I am no expert in this field, but I would love for you to check out GA as Emmarose suggested, I think that would be an awesome start. Being able to find people who have gone through similar phases in life has helped me begin to understand my own personal issues with depression and anxiety. It can be scary at times to admit and talk to people about these things, I hope you keep sharing your story and that you find an outlet and a way to manage your recovery.

Great start Alinandrei30, keep it up. :D

Best wishes, DK...

H

hedgewitch

Can you hand your debit card to a VERY trusted family member? This is where your willpower really needs to take over. Ask yourself if you want to be poor, out on the street or in gaol. This cycle you're in surely can't make you happy...even for a few minutes..? Fight your inner demons with all you've got. I came off benzos decades ago and used the pain & symptoms to make me hate what it was doing to me. Is there something you can use with this?