• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mask Senario - near panick attack!

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I was in local well known pharmacy branch, shops area not very far and the real local manager knows of me, bys ight, and I caught overheard a close by remark, via one of a couple of women, elderderly me thinks, quipping to the other saying not wearing a mask! You all know what, I very nearly feltl like, flashing my badge ofhonour jokinlgy up to call it that, and signal, I am exempt.
Confirming the word, disability was sprinning to mind, I did really feel like arguing with them, I felt well, normally a good customer that I am, I felt, I'll just have to sit it out, until end of visit. It drove me mad, temporarily.

That will cause me, for another serious challenging harder workout, overnight tomorrow.

Workout wise, without fail!

Have a hopeful good day all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

Update; the level of extremely irate, and heard musical excerpts, in the interim, and knitted, for a long while, my level of ex t remly irate, has since been reduced to annoyed! So I am not feeling too irate now.

Off cou rse, should the oriignal incident, be kept lu rking about still in my background about me, then off course, I shall do a GP service, E Consult, and one of the group practice GPs shall then contact in due course, there after. I could phone for a t riage, i feel no, due tothe fact I have the speechdissabiity, the lines my end, don't cut off the difficult sounds, so I'm better off, to do a E Consult.

I'll hear more mu sic, and I'll knit combined fu rther.

I'll get another fu rther update done, about and be sure of it, 6pm.

Have a good hopeful afternoon, all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I have improved greatly. However, I have filed a econsult, for my/our from home, GP Group Practice, just to let them, know of the sudden occurrence.

It's earlier days, so I won't hear back from the team, just yet.

At present, I am listening to musical, and on line, and tuned into MHF.

Have a hopeful good evening all,

Best regards all.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I am very much recovered! I have taken 5ml partial dose of my Fluxoetine dose, and I am very much better.

Have been listening to mu scial and knitting. And music and on line.

I can only manage low impact salsacise, tomorrow, because I might have strained, my right leg, so I'll be taking things easier. I'll monitor the leg.

I hope all aerjust about well, this will be my only update, reporting, for duing the evening this side of 10.30pm.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I happened to have popped into the well known pharmacy branch today, locally, and greatly improved. She wasn't to be seen, that one, so I was relieved, and I had a much better enjoyable visit, collecting the item, at the till for mum, and paying for it.

Have a good day all,

Best regards all.

Natalie.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I have been back to local Boots, and I have been absolutely fine, no problems to report.

Best regards all.

J

jointhedots

It's distressing that society at large as turned on each other when community is needed more than ever right now. In all serious events like this, community is very important. The argued logic is that we all need to be isolated from one another but this doesn't really factor in the truth that humans need social interaction and without that we become sick and then eventually we die. It also doesn't factor in the evidence based science on dealing with potential events like this, all of which have been dismissed, sometimes extremely aggressively.

The balance between proportionate measures being taken and people being able to do what is natural, instictive and healthy to do needs to be taken into account. At the moment, and for the last almost year, it hasn't. And so I feel for you. Just know it's affecting everybody and you are not alone in how you feel.

People are being slowly turned against one another and this is wrong. I was in the Co-op today and a woman I had never met before said "Where is your mask?!" in a really aggressive way. The way in which people are willing to attack each other in order to obey a narrative that is causing more damage to society than the actual virus and eroding relationships, connection, community is sickening. It reminds me of a collective narcissism. Moreover, a growing number of psychopaths/sociopaths who others as being objects to control and dominate. Before long, is it going to be legal to force yourself on others? Because right now the only thing stopping people actually violating personal boundaries is a very thin line that defines such action as illegal. Everything else has been condensed towards that line and is now perfectly legal. You are allowed it seems to discriminate and harrass other people if it means you are 'protecting them'. I'm pretty sure a narcissistic abuser says the same thing to their victim when they want sexual gratification and the victim isn't playing ball.

People are being conditioned to do the bidding of the government. That's the whole definition of 'self policing'. It doesn't mean the actual self, it means collectively as if in your own community WILL police you if not physically but every other way until you submit and comply. And they cannot be convicted of something that originally would have been a serious crime, like harrassment.

What also upsets me is that person you talk about in your original post before all this happened would probably have been absolutely fine. People have always talked but there was never a government mandated policy by which such people could terrorize you in a way that is defined as essential to 'protecting one another'. I've met plenty of people who previously would likely have been fine towards me. We have a duty to one another to provide that basic social contract that we respect one another, do one another no harm and understand we all have personal boundaries and we have no right to cross them in any way. Today those personal boundaries are effectively meaningless. Strangers are allowed to essentially harm you so long as it falls under the context of 'the greater good'. There's no greater good in the blatent disregard for others, regardless of a pandemic or not. The greater good is the very thing that made community possible in the first place and people need to remember they have a choice between choosing to preserve the greater good for society or choosing to destroy it in order to achieve nothing in the long run yet the miniscule reduction in lives lost, which so far has nothing remarkably different to previous years. You could say right now the lives we ARE losing is down to the flu season and is something that happens every year. Today we call that COVID-19. And people will vehemently defend the vagrant cold attacks on peoples personal lives for that delusional shift from reality.

It's made me really question the goodness in humanity.
Please just know you're not alone. There are people out there who won't be like that with you and just remember what's going on is not normal nor do you have to try and convince yourself it is normal. People are getting very tired and very sick from what the government are telling them. They are being gaslighted on a regular basis and are being made to believe this pandemic is far more dangerous than it actually is. And so they are now turning among themselves to try and find the answers and they believe the answers are to be found taking it out on each other. When you look at it like that, we could call that narcissism.

Hope you are well