Martial Arts/Boxing

OCDguy

OCDguy

A bit of a random question here, has anyone studied any Martial Arts/Boxing, and has it had any inpact on your Mental Health well-being?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I don’t know about boxing but I do think that martial arts requires a lot of thought, planning, skill and control so I think it could be if some benefits to MH

OCDguy

OCDguy

I think confidence goes a long way too :)

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I loved practicing mixed martial arts. Especially the sparring class. It was like having multiple fights every week. I loved boxing the most. Second was the kick boxing. I never liked the grappling though. Then I got injured of course me being stupid I didn't take care of it. Plus now there are no fighting gyms in my town anymore. But when I was training I never felt better. My advice always treat injuries immediately after getting injured. I didn't because I couldn't stay away. I will never be able to train again. Which sucks cause I really wanted to be a fighter. But in the rare case I can go back I'll only do boxing. Being able to punch someone in the face hard is fun. Also being able to take a powerful punch unfazed is pretty cool. Being able to hold your own like that. The men never took it easy on me, least not the ones my size. I was even told to hold back on another woman who had more boxing experience than me. If only I could have been a fighter.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

OCDGuy do you do martial arts or boxing?

OCDguy

OCDguy

I did a bit of karate back in my 20s, and a few lessons in Jiu-Jitsu. It changed me for the better :) Would you say your days of sparring had a positive impact on your mental health? :)

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I did a bit of karate back in my 20s, and a few lessons in Jiu-Jitsu. It changed me for the better :) Would you say your days of sparring had a positive impact on your mental health? :)
Oh heck yeah. I loved being stronger than the other woman I sparred with! I loved having six foot plus men say I punched and kicked so hard I made their knees buckle! I loved having my male trainer a m.m.a. fighter himself tell me I could mess someone up in a street fight! I miss those good ole days. I could never do that now. Oh how I wish I could. Fighting is better than sex or at least it's equal in my opinion. I wanna go back again do bad. I wanna kick some a$$!