Marriage and a schizophrenic wife.

M

MentallyMe

hi I'm the wife, I'm a paranoid schizophrenic bipolar and I have blackouts of anger and it's effecting my marriage and I've tried A LOT of medication and nothing helps it's only like drinking it takes the edge off or makes me want to walk off the edge. I need help I don't know what to do about my life and my marriage, my husband hates my anger and my social anxiety and psychotic episodes he used to be understanding and supportive but now he's stepped back and showed me how I must be a monster to speak to him like garbage and then minutes later ask for forgiveness and sometimes not know what I've done, he acts like he wants a divorce but never says he does but continues to guilt trip me for my mental disease i don't know how to make someone understand what's wrong with me.. I can't help my problems and struggle to hold back the harsh words..I just need advice..

BillFish

BillFish

hi I'm the wife, I'm a paranoid schizophrenic bipolar and I have blackouts of anger and it's effecting my marriage and I've tried A LOT of medication and nothing helps it's only like drinking it takes the edge off or makes me want to walk off the edge. I need help I don't know what to do about my life and my marriage, my husband hates my anger and my social anxiety and psychotic episodes he used to be understanding and supportive but now he's stepped back and showed me how I must be a monster to speak to him like garbage and then minutes later ask for forgiveness and sometimes not know what I've done, he acts like he wants a divorce but never says he does but continues to guilt trip me for my mental disease i don't know how to make someone understand what's wrong with me.. I can't help my problems and struggle to hold back the harsh words..I just need advice..
Go get some counselling! You will be surprised how effective it is. Many people feel anger a frustration, it's not an emotion exclusive to schizophrenia or bipolar you know. Not every emotion we have is caused by our diagnoses, there may a perfectly understandably reason for it that most normals can relate to as well.