• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Mariah Carey reveals she has bipolar

B

BrokenToy

Sinead O'Connor is another world class artist who has been very open about her mental health problems. We need more brave people like them to help encourage people to talk about this stuff freely.

S

Stormcloud

Britney Spears is another one who has bipolar. I think there is quite a lot of celebrities that have a mental health issue. x

B

BrokenToy

Three incredibly talented and strong women and they are probably only the tip of the iceberg.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'm waiting for someone to come out as schitzo, my only availabla role model is peter sutcliffe at the moment

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
yes it is good that more people are open about mh issues in a way.

Last edited:
R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
yes it is good that more people are open about mh issues in a way.
but not certain mental health issues, it's one of those hollywood fads

Poppy2014

Poppy2014

but not certain mental health issues, it's one of those hollywood fads
I'm with you on this one...
It's almost become normal to have bipolar and people go (oh that thing like Stephen Fry or Ruby Wax has that) and suddenly you're okay, no one's bothered... go to BPD and its Sharon Stone in fatal attraction, bunny boilers, a few of the nice psychotic murderers,
I work in a university as a nurse lecturer and I've had students ask me what to do because their mentors have told them not to have contact with patient X because s/he has BPD/EUPD and you'll never be able to trust him/her.
It's odd that all mental health workers who specifically work with BPD patients have to have (specific) supervision to ensure they are not being duped/pulled into the net of our deceit, lies, games... we need some big role models to explain that BPD people are normal too.
Just about getting there with Fibromyalgia now Lady Gaga and Morgan Freeman have it we are nearly legitimate.
Imaging having both of them on your medical record, it's fantastic trying to convince a Dr that it's not in your head and its not due to Fibro.
Ah, the life we lead...

Kerome

Kerome

I thought Demi Lovato was more courageous than Maria though, because Demi is in the midst of her career while Maria is at the end of hers.