Manipulative ex?

B

Broken-hearted n depresse

The other day I updated my place of work and job on LinkedIn. The next day I logged in and noticed I had 1 less connection. Guess who it was....the ex. He didn’t block me. I have liked stuff on there since the break up but not that often and he barely uses it but clearly logs in. All I can think of is that this is just where he is at and the way he is healing. Any reminder of me, and what looks like I am moving on, might set him back. Perhaps I had more of an impact on him than what I thought.

LinkedIn isn’t exactly a stalking tool and you can see who has viewed your profile so it’s just all weird to me.

I

IamRuxx

I can relate to having a manipulative ex.

I'm pretty certain that he used you and he's a POS.

You're going to be on a bumpy ride for a while, I can't say how long. Keep your friends and family close. Keep doing things that make you happy or keep you busy.
Seeing a therapist is a great idea. If you need to get in more often, you should let the therapist know this, they can usually work something out with you. There are also grief counselors.

I can't promise that you'll (bluntly) "get over it", I am confident to tell you that life does go on. It's possibly going to hurt every now and then, but life does go on.
Take the time that you need, do what you gotta do (in a healthy manner) to heal.

:hug:
This is a piece of great advice for her. I mean, not just for her but for everyone in here having the same problem as her.

B

Broken-hearted n depresse

This is a piece of great advice for her. I mean, not just for her but for everyone in here having the same problem as her.
2 months on and I have done a lot of work on myself and healed quite a lot. Wonderful advice that I received on here helped a lot. My family and friends were amazing during that time that I can’t thank them enough. My ex has started to delete our memories on Facebook, so it’s when he gets reminded of me, he deletes it.

I think he has a lot of mental health issues when it comes to people and how to deal with things. I don’t know how much of anything I should believe now. The people who also worked with him and me have said the same thing. He might reappear in the future but by then I would have moved on. All I want is for him to be happy and sort his life out. Nobody can do that but him and I don’t think he wants too. Good luck to him but using people/discarding people isn’t the way to treat people.