• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Manic

jax

jax

This is kind of my way to gather my thoughts about what has gone on and a chance for me to get it written down. I don't mind if no one replies. It is rather long anyhow. Friday last week and all of the week after, I was extremely high. Many people told me I was hyper, high as a kite etc. My mum said she was going to buy a massive plaster and stick it over my mouth as I don't shut up and jump from topic to topic and confuse her.

Last Saturday I was all over the place. I kept talking the biggest load of gobbledygook. I fell over my words and sometimes I didn't make any sense at all. I recognise that as I was saying it - but I couldn't stop it or say what I had intended. I was trying to say something to my mum and she looked at me like I was crazy after I had said it and she said what the hell was that meant to be?? It really did make no sense whatsoever. I believe that it was the phenomenon known as word salad. It was words that were connected with no connection to the next word being said.

It was my great-nephew's 1st birthday last Saturday. From the moment I entered the house - I was cracking jokes and acting an eejit. Appears it worked. They were all in hysterics pretty much the whole time I was there. My niece's boyfriend's sister said that they could take me to any party and I would be the life and soul. I have to admit - that I loved every minute of it - making them all laugh. I felt fantastic and wonderful. I said things that I didn't even think were funny - but they all laughed their heads off. My niece rang later and said that her partner's brother and mother think I am hilarious. I do love to laugh and love to make others laugh too. But I rarely make others laugh. My mum said that I embarrass her as I am so loud and noisy.

I am a very outgoing and friendly person; however, I am not the type to have people in stitches or to be the life and soul of anything. I enjoy a laugh - but I am not usually making people laugh. I am not noisy or loud generally speaking. I am quite different when I am high.

I believe, as does my nurse, that I was manic last week. I haven't been manic for such a long time. I am high or very high a lot of the time. Seems that I live most of my life on a high. It wouldn't be so bad - but I do a lot of things I should not be doing and find myself in dangerous situations.

I have come dow again - but not with a bang. I'm just level now. Until the next high which most likely will not be that far away.:scared:
Jacqui

J

jamesdean

I'm pleased jax that you have found somewwher e that you can write things down for yourself take care x:hug: frank