Manic energy

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I'm feeling very energetic and over alert like my senses are wired and although it feels better than depression, I'm not sure if it's healthy or fair to feel so enthusiastic .... I'm trying to calm and focus my energy on productive things ... But it's so hard especially late at night, because I don't want to be too noisy xx

What advice or things do any of you have please ? Xx

Lunus

Lunus

I'm feeling very energetic and over alert like my senses are wired and although it feels better than depression, I'm not sure if it's healthy or fair to feel so enthusiastic .... I'm trying to calm and focus my energy on productive things ... But it's so hard especially late at night, because I don't want to be too noisy xx

Are you into jigsaws? 🤷‍♂️

Topcat

Topcat

When I used to feel like that I’d be bad and encourage it, lol.
To be honest, probably the best thing I did if it was late was lie in bed. I wouldn’t want to, but because husband went to bed I “had” to go too. It took ages but I’d usually fall asleep.
Hope you feel more calm soon x

H

Hail

Make sure you take your medication and maybe talk to the doctor about your symptoms.
Are you diagnosed with bipolar disorder?

E

EstherRose94

Are you into jigsaws? 🤷‍♂️
I read this as jigsaws like construction machinery bc i was wondering why hermits hobby is too loud to do at night haha.

But then maybe you mean puzzles which is a good idea!

Lunus

Lunus

I read this as jigsaws like construction machinery bc i was wondering why hermits hobby is too loud to do at night haha.

But then maybe you mean puzzles which is a good idea!
I was thinking more of a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle which would be a quiet activity, unlike a jigsaw..probably too noisy lol.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Make sure you take your medication and maybe talk to the doctor about your symptoms.
Are you diagnosed with bipolar disorder?
Not yet I'm waiting to get a full referral x

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I sometimes paint at night when I'm restless xx

Topcat

Topcat

I found the trouble was if I decided to do something because I felt wired, it would ultimately keep me wired and unrested. And I found it hard to control my tangents, as in I'd start one thing but my mind would go to the next, then the next then the next, and I would end up in a mess, or leaving things cooking while I forget and leave the house, or just sitting in the middle of a room (in a mess) staring into nothing with my head whirring away instead of doing the thing I started.
Whereas if I laid in bed in the dark I was bored, and the only thing to distract was my random thoughts, and eventually I might sleep. Sometimes I was awake all night, but at least laying and resting helps a little bit.
It helped that if I got up I would disturb everyone else, so I was kind of forced to stay put, lol. If I lived alone I would not have the discipline to behave!