• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Manic days

N

Nicola09

On days where i'm slighlty manic, i have these real strong urges to either, jump off a bridge, or walk out infront of a car. The thing is, for some reason, i believe i would survive it. If i jump from the bridge i believe i would just land on my feet and walk away, or i'ld even be able to control how I land by gracefully gliding down to the bottom (kind of like flying). When I imagine walking in front of car i believe that i would just bounce off the car without feeling anything. Even a high speed car. When i'm in a different mood I know deep down that it would hurt and that i would possibly kill myself, but at the time i just don't believe that.
I haven't had a diagnosis, and in fact i'm not getting any help at the moment. I'm starting to wonder if I need it.
5/7 days i'm severely depressed and constantly planning my suicide. The other two days i'm running around believing I can fly off a bridge. I'm losing it. I don't know whats wrong with me.. Has anyone ever experienced this?

keepsafe

keepsafe

Yes in fact I stepped out in front of an oncoming vehicle. Please go to the doctors and get some help because who knows how long you can control the urges before you are a danger to yourself
KS
P.S Welcome to the forum

H

HONEYSWEET

hi

u say about 5/7 days and 2 days but how do u feel the rest of the month?

xx

D

DEEP MEDI

On days where i'm slighlty manic, i have these real strong urges to either, jump off a bridge, or walk out infront of a car. The thing is, for some reason, i believe i would survive it. If i jump from the bridge i believe i would just land on my feet and walk away, or i'ld even be able to control how I land by gracefully gliding down to the bottom (kind of like flying). When I imagine walking in front of car i believe that i would just bounce off the car without feeling anything. Even a high speed car. When i'm in a different mood I know deep down that it would hurt and that i would possibly kill myself, but at the time i just don't believe that.
I haven't had a diagnosis, and in fact i'm not getting any help at the moment. I'm starting to wonder if I need it.
5/7 days i'm severely depressed and constantly planning my suicide. The other two days i'm running around believing I can fly off a bridge. I'm losing it. I don't know whats wrong with me.. Has anyone ever experienced this?
I sometimes feel like that, especially when i'm driving I sometimes have the urge to swerve of the road suddenly, it's the same with walking past water I have the urge just to jump but the thing is, is that i know that if I did these things then I would be fuked, Not really any help but had to get it off my chest

J

jamesdean

When I was about 28 I used to want to jump in front of the train the urge used to be so strong I do believe it would be easier to kill yourself on a high than a low n because you have more enrgy and when I used to drive I used to want to crash the car all the time only if it would kill me instanly though the thought of having a seriously damaged body freaks me out, the truth is the only real way that I really envisage suiside is tablets for this reason sorry to be so morbid seiously go n see your gp because I'm much more balanced on ad's