• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Mania, another excretion of humans?

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I'm not saying any of this is fact. It is something that I have observed quite consistently in my life and would appreciate feedback. I am starting to feel that mania and hypomania are simply another two mechanisms of human self-purification or excretion. Just as you go to the toilet, blow your nose, snip your nails etc. But mania in particular is more involuntary. I have however noticed that if you were to draw the activity of other excretions on one line and compare mania on another paralell to it, they would follow mania quite consistently or with not much difference. To be exact I'm speaking more about involuntary excretions.

As an example consider a toxic excretion in you that needs to come out but isn't. Let's say for example built up urine. It is like it becomes toxic when you can't relieve yourself and you perceive that pain. If you don't relieve yourself it is highly likely you will wet your pants. So it is akin to mania as they both have an build up and release of toxicity.

Both toxicities follow a process of initiation, build up and release. As the releases happen a type of relief or bliss is felt. So on a line graph maybe quite similar. The cause however of both issues are different though.

I just found it interesting that mania has it's causes and that should be researched a bit more because if that's the case then it can be treated if those causes are looked into. I know that stress is one. Sleep related issues. I just find mania to be a normal reaction when certain unfortunate conditions are met which is why it can happen from various causes even outside of psychiatry.

If you find mania debilitating I would look into every aspect of your life that may be contributing to things like stress and poor health and generally anything negative and harmful.

Once the causes are treated it may free you from a lot of suffering. Giving attention to the cause may stop the manic toxic excretion.

I think external influences can contribute to the release but the release itself has a connection to your internal systems so I wouldn't be suprised if manic activity can be detected on some type of scan.

T

TheHeartHasAVoice

I'm pretty sure you could google that mania can be measured whilst it is happening on some type of brain scan but I'm thinking that if that's the case it's just capturing the reactionary active response of the episode. Although there could be instances of detectable physical damage that causes mania. But if there is no detectable evidence as is the case with Bipolar don't underestimate probing external influences as a cause of your suffering.