• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Man on my roof

C

cally75

Hey.
First I thought I was tripping..banging about on my roof.

Ah no. It's a man fixing my kitchen roof window. About bloody time! It got broke last week when a tile came through in the storms. Lucky it's double glazed & it only smashed the first pane

Otherwise it would have been like siberia in here!
How's everyone else today?

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
there's a sugarcubes song about a woman who comes home to find a naked man in her flat, and then he goes up onto the roof and she tries to get him back inside by offering him strawberry cake.

I gues you could do that to your roof man in thanks for him fixing your window.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Having a lazy day :) I got showered and half dressed, my sons still in his onesie.... Ive got work at 5 so will have to find motivation to move by then

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

There's more than one man on my roof at the moment. The landlord erected some scaffolding a few weeks ago, cos water was pouring down over one of the entrances, and me and my neighbours got proper went when we went out. The roof was repaired a couple of weeks back, but the guys who dismantle the scaffolding have only just got round to doing their bit now :)

C

cally75

There's more than one man on my roof at the moment. The landlord erected some scaffolding a few weeks ago, cos water was pouring down over one of the entrances, and me and my neighbours got proper went when we went out. The roof was repaired a couple of weeks back, but the guys who dismantle the scaffolding have only just got round to doing their bit now :)
Lol per! Do u secretly live next door?!!
I just got scaffolding up as well. Problem must have been more severe. There was a bit of guttering missing so all the crap been landing on my velux. My landlord's an arse. I was without a boiler 6 months last winter. 4yrs been here now, thinking maybes time 2 move on

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Lol per! Do u secretly live next door?!!
I just got scaffolding up as well. Problem must have been more severe. There was a bit of guttering missing so all the crap been landing on my velux. My landlord's an arse. I was without a boiler 6 months last winter. 4yrs been here now, thinking maybes time 2 move on
I'm lucky cos my landlord is an housing association, and they're pretty good at getting on with the job if anything needs doing :)

L

Lacombe

If I only had the tag words to go on for this thread, I'd never have guessed that this was a mere window repair. 'banging, Siberia, smashed, thought, tripping'

C

cally75

If I only had the tag words to go on for this thread, I'd never have guessed that this was a mere window repair. 'banging, Siberia, smashed, thought, tripping'
Haha. Never thought of it like that!
And yeah, he's still up there. This morning started at 8. Knew I should have went 2 bed before 3 am. Am knackered!

L

Lacombe

Haha. Never thought of it like that!
And yeah, he's still up there. This morning started at 8. Knew I should have went 2 bed before 3 am. Am knackered!
Ha, yeah, rubbish going to bed late and being woken by a guy on your roof. I'm not sure it's a common problem but you have my sympathy. I've been on a roof once in my life. Someone gave me 2 weeks of work during the summer years ago. We had to do some repairs to a house. The second I made it on to the roof I heard a noise like a helicopter. Then the light went slightly dim. I looked up to see the biggest swarm of bees I've ever seen in my life heading down toward me. You know that feeling after you watch Jaws when you're little and the next time you're in the pool and get half way across, you get that feeling he's in there with you and panic sets in? (fyi, this may just have been me)......well, it was like that but 100 times worse.

Anyway! You will never find me on your roof so that's one less person you have to worry about :)