Maladaptive daydreaming issues

S

stormponylyfe

I've officially given up on my daydreams. They've gotten too warped and it's become too exhausting to try to fix them all the time. I'm so unbelievably depressed about it. I don't know what to do. How can I stop the dreams becoming warped? I don't want to lose this part of me. It helps me deal with life. I'm so scared of what I'm going to do without them.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

hello stormponylyfe i used to daydream i guess. but daydreaming long term is not helpful but i dont expect you wanna hear that. but take it from someone who is living that consequence some decades later

S

stormponylyfe

Bodies and faces and locations have become twisted and unrecognizable. I don't know why. I'm so depressed about it :(

E

EstherRose94

So you’re saying that you use daydreaming to cope but now it’s working less because your ability to do it is failing? I mean most likely your brain is just tired. Make sure you let yourself relax and don’t worry about it and I’m sure you’ll feel better.

Amorerose

Amorerose

I think that when you get really anxious about it, then it will keep repeating in the way that makes you uncomfortable. It sounds like you have a strong imagination but remember, you have the capability to be in charge of your daydreams and you just need to find a way to "morph" them back. Also taking a break like Esther said would be good. Just clear your head, listen to some music or anything that makes you feel relaxed.

Sometimes I close my eyes and imagine that I'm in a little room sitting peacefully with nothing around me, except roses. Maybe practicing a peaceful meditating type of daydream would be beneficial. Then you can really take charge and also get peace in the process.

Btw I use a pretend eraser if I don't like something. I don't know if that could help. But it kind of is like cleaning the slate, like if you were to erase a drawing.

HauntedWitch

HauntedWitch

I've officially given up on my daydreams. They've gotten too warped and it's become too exhausting to try to fix them all the time. I'm so unbelievably depressed about it. I don't know what to do. How can I stop the dreams becoming warped? I don't want to lose this part of me. It helps me deal with life. I'm so scared of what I'm going to do without them.
I can truly sympathize. It is scary giving them up; they can be a lifesaver in the rough times, and I do hope you find peace with this.

I am not able to daydream anymore, due to having Bipolar. In the past, the old imagination caused a lot of manic and delusional problems, so I had to teach myself to stay focused on reality 24/7. The upside is that I have better control over the bipolar symptoms now; the downside is that what little creative ability I once had is all messed up.