Making decisions....

A

angelflower

Hey, wasn't sure where to post this. I just wondered if anyone out there struggles making decisions? I hate it! Either way I look at a situation, I can't win.

B

blessedbutdepressed

Hey, you're definitely not alone. I hate making decisions too. :hug: I am always scared I'm going to make the wrong one. It usually takes me a long time to make a decision & I'll overthink it or I will opt to make no decision at all & have someone else choose for me.. Sigh. :doh:

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

I can manage the basics like what food to buy, how to cook it etc. But the important stuff scares the living daylights out of me. Really traumatising .

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

Hey, wasn't sure where to post this. I just wondered if anyone out there struggles making decisions? I hate it! Either way I look at a situation, I can't win.
Hey angelflower,

I used to be really indecisive. But in the end, I realised that spending so much time thinking about what I wanted to do meant that I never actually did what I intended to do! There's only so much you can explore your options before you start going around in circles :)

Much love <3

A

angelflower

Hey angelflower,

I used to be really indecisive. But in the end, I realised that spending so much time thinking about what I wanted to do meant that I never actually did what I intended to do! There's only so much you can explore your options before you start going around in circles :)

Much love <3
That makes sense. xxxx

J

jeeringtheartist

When I was a little girl I was so indecisive that I ended up making a promise to myself. I promised myself that if I made a choice, and I changed my mind, I wouldn't allow myself to change it back. I remember thinking that if I had changed my mind from the first thing, that meant I wasn't happy enough with it, and there's no sense continuing to consider an option that wasn't good enough for me to settle on in the first place. Of course, my options were usually Polly Pockets or Barbie, ice cream or candy, what book to read, what colour to choose. 😂

A

Ashes&Embers

Definitely. Over thinking and over analyzing is all I know lol. Sometimes its just better to think with your heart instead of your mind. Sounds really corny, I know, but its true :)

J

JLC70

Yes, even little ones like, "what do you want to watch", "where do you want to eat?", etc. I have no idea! I look inside myself and draw a complete blank. Unless I'm craving something like Taco Bell or obsessively watching a show on Netflix like The Deadliest Catch. Seems like it's all or nothing.

NeedHaldol

NeedHaldol

Making big decisions can be stressful. I don't have a certain way to handle things. Luckily, I have a smart wife to help me make them.

Envisioning what will happen from those choices is the hard part. What do you ultimately want to accomplish?