• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Major steps?

Louizard

Louizard

What's the major step towards recovery you've made?
Mine is, even if I still get certain episodes, they don't last months anymore, now it's about weeks or even days before I can get my life back to normal. I'm impressed, really

N

natalie

Hi, Louizard,

For my recovery, the major step for me was to get back into fitness workouts. I'd been a dedicated character of fitness working out, long before i had become unwell, then recovered with mental health problems.

My recovery started, in hospital, and after i came round to, I was very ill, and not eating very much, hardly a tall, and I then greatly improved steadily, I planned on my big fitness comeback, and it worked. Earlier years, in recovery, if i had heard voice problems, (way before I am on the med I am on now and since 2007), I would simply if able to avaialblility wise in at home, go into my workout mode, of fitness training along side fitness dvds.

I also, attend fitness classes. Not now no, when able to do so.

Also, to have planned to go into the work mode, well, a pain that was, I was so active, yet so un well, i couldn't engage in part time paid work, ouch, so that meant volunteering. So, since late 2004, I carried out on an occasional every so often from time to time basis, helped out in volunteering , tasks, and what's more, until 2020, I am still at it. I am just waiting to be out of the lockdown, to resume monitoring checking my inbox, for requests for volunteering once more and then onwards.

The other major step to point out, is medication, I would be ablsolutely lost, without my certain medication for my mental health problems.

Best Regards.

Louizard

Louizard

Hi, Louizard,

For my recovery, the major step for me was to get back into fitness workouts. I'd been a dedicated character of fitness working out, long before i had become unwell, then recovered with mental health problems.

My recovery started, in hospital, and after i came round to, I was very ill, and not eating very much, hardly a tall, and I then greatly improved steadily, I planned on my big fitness comeback, and it worked. Earlier years, in recovery, if i had heard voice problems, (way before I am on the med I am on now and since 2007), I would simply if able to avaialblility wise in at home, go into my workout mode, of fitness training along side fitness dvds.

I also, attend fitness classes. Not now no, when able to do so.

Also, to have planned to go into the work mode, well, a pain that was, I was so active, yet so un well, i couldn't engage in part time paid work, ouch, so that meant volunteering. So, since late 2004, I carried out on an occasional every so often from time to time basis, helped out in volunteering , tasks, and what's more, until 2020, I am still at it. I am just waiting to be out of the lockdown, to resume monitoring checking my inbox, for requests for volunteering once more and then onwards.

The other major step to point out, is medication, I would be ablsolutely lost, without my certain medication for my mental health problems.

Best Regards.
Hello Natalie, to hear you are dedicating yourself to fitness and volunteering,... it brings me much joy, those are activities that require much commitment and I know they can lighten one's heart so much. I will always respect a volunteer worker. I wish you the best of luck in life

rainbowsocks

rainbowsocks

I'm definitely not recovered but I'm doing much better than I was before. Medication has been a big help in managing symptoms as well as having a good support system in place. Talking to a therapist is a boon but also having friends or family or peer support helps a lot too. That's part of why I joined this forum; for the peer interaction. It helps to know other people really do think and feel similar to me.

Edit: Good sleep hygiene, healthy eating, and exercise are also great steps to take.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

Its was getting away from old friends. They did nothing for my mental health.

Blooming

Blooming

I sat down and reflected on the word "Fight". What did it mean in relation to depression? What was I willing to do to get better? What resources did I have at my disposition?

Hard "anti-depression-work", coping with setbacks, looking for new hope and more ...