• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Major Phobia of Doctors/Hospitals

S

skelt2020

Hi all,

I am 22 years old and major suffering from phobia of hospital/doctors (May I mention the fact that I suffer from health anxiety so those to combined are not ideal)
I am constantly worrying about my health and always thinking there is something really awful wrong with me but then I am too scared to go to seek medical help through fear they will tell me something is seriously wrong.
I feel so alone and have never come across anyone with this same issue.
This has been going on since I was around 18 but have never asked for any help. It consumes my life and I am always in constant worry. Ive forgot what it feels like to just feel ‘normal’ and not in a constant panic regarding my health.
Is there anyone on here that has also dealt with this?

C

cognitkale

sounds awful. never dealt with it.
is there a telehealthline you could call?

N

natalie

Hi Cognitkale,

First off, I am not sure if there is a telehealthline, might be one for your GP practice to answer about that.

i am sorry to hear what you are going through. Strangely, and interesting this should come up, because ah, what with my communication problems, separate to mental health, also mental health, though only slight, to moderate, I have always had that fear so to speak of stepping out into hospitals. Particularly, what with the commuication side of things as a paitent, many moons ago.

I am just not sure about the telehealthline, aspect, unless maybe one of our excellent moderating team could help you out with that? I am sure that someone might pop into the thread, during the evening to advise.

I don't need to deal with all the time, it only flares up nearer to having to assist my mother for hospital appointments, and then I'll be triggered with, hospitals I will feel, they make me nervous.

Have hopefully a good evening.