• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Major depressive dx severe

H

Hello513Zombie

I cant ditch my meds because it would end in tragedy.
Not saying you should, but mine caused suicidal thoughts to increase.

Honestly I am probably happier due to my situation becoming better, and not due to being off meds.

M

Marianda

Well I am also looking to become bettter, i am unemployed now searching for a job. I will be more hsppy when i find a job

H

Hello513Zombie

Well I am also looking to become bettter, i am unemployed now searching for a job. I will be more hsppy when i find a job
good luck

inactivity always makes me depressed. Another reason I am probably happier I actually am busy now.

M

Marianda

Of course inactivity is a curse. I need to be busy, in constant motion, with lots of projects. I'm in zero right now, no job, no projects. Are you working?

H

Hello513Zombie

Of course inactivity is a curse. I need to be busy, in constant motion, with lots of projects. I'm in zero right now, no job, no projects. Are you working?
no, but I am in an accelerated BSN program its pretty intense I wouldn't want to be working right now its a lot of work.

M

Marianda

Ohh how interesting, I like to study. I am an attorney so I am used to studies. For a while I lived in Houston and I thought of studying to become a nurse, but the problem is that I cant see blood or dead people, it scares me. Once I saw my mother badly bruised after a car accident and I fainted.

H

Hello513Zombie

Ohh how interesting, I like to study. I am an attorney so I am used to studies. For a while I lived in Houston and I thought of studying to become a nurse, but the problem is that I cant see blood or dead people, it scares me. Once I saw my mother badly bruised after a car accident and I fainted.
I worked as a nursing assistant so I am used to it.

Catty5

Catty5

@Catty5 for me besides the Lexapro rigidity, mornings are when I feel more depressed, my mood gets better after lunch and at night I am fine.

I also feel very tired in the morning, I am searching for a job and after I send a resume I need to go back to bed. If i take a shower and get dressed I feel so tired and I need to rest and go back to bed. Any little thing I do in the morning requires a resting period in bed after the chore is completed.

That does not happen in the afternoon or evening when I can do lots of things without the need of taking resting periods at bed.
I wonder if this is caused by fatigue which is also caused by depression. I want to change medications, but for me is to hard to find an antidepressant that works.

I always thought about trying Prozac but I heard very negative comments, and now you tell me you are having vivid nightmares. I hope you can adjust to prozac and get better.
Doc said to me.
“Depression tens to be the highest in the morning...,better in the afternoon and evening”.
I suffer dissociation/depersonalization, so morning is very hard. I feel I go crazy when I wake up. Morning is very hard for me.

Catty5

Catty5

@Catty5 , I hope you get well soon. This thing is very difficult to deal with.
Thank you
It’s so hard to live with severe depression. Med doesn’t seem to work well yet in my case. I’ll start TMS therapy tomorrow. Insurance will cover it in the US

M

Marianda

@Catty5 , please let me know if Tms therapy works. Good to know insurance covers the therapy. I am also a Usa citizen , I lived there almost 19 years, so I have plans to return.

While living there i had a very good insurance that covered all psyciatric issues.

Where I live right now, no insurance at all covers psychiatric issues and the meds they sell are the worst. I miss my celexa and trazodone so much. I had conquered the anxiety with the medication I was taking. I spent years without touching alprazolam or klonopin.

However since I am taking these trashy medication, anxiety has returned with all its strenghth. My memory is suffering a lot, and my mind is very foggy.

J

JCPraha

All of these meds have side-effects. I take seroquel at night and often feel foggy and disassociated in the AM, but I cannot sleep or cope without any meds. I suppose it comes down to benefits vs. side-effects. In my case, I feel I need some meds, or I will be in very bad condition. Of course, I don't like some of the side-effects. If a person can cope without any meds at all, it is probably best.

M

Marianda

All of these meds have side-effects. I take seroquel at night and often feel foggy and disassociated in the AM, but I cannot sleep or cope without any meds. I suppose it comes down to benefits vs. side-effects. In my case, I feel I need some meds, or I will be in very bad condition. Of course, I don't like some of the side-effects. If a person can cope without any meds at all, it is probably best.
I cant cope either without meds. I take antidepressants permanently. I was on seroquel during 2017 for sleep and I had this muscle rigidity problems. Doctors told me seroquel is not supposed to be prescribed in low doses for sleeping purpioses, and it is true, I read a lot about that in internet.

I stopped seroquel and started with alprazolam and klonopin but they are not working any more.
The Seroquel dosis I use is very low, 6.25mg. And it also helps with depression, it knocks me down, but next day I wake up very positive and energetic. As you say , all these meds have side effects, and you have to balance the pros and cons. As in your case, I cant stop the meds because I would be in very bad shape.