• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Major depressive dx severe

Catty5

Catty5

You are lucky that at least you were fine for several months after withdrawal. I cant go without antidepressants for more than two days. Something is ruining my muscles, I think its antidepressants, I feel extremely tired and fatigued when I walk too much. Or maybe is my permanent anxiety.

Lexapro is not working well for me
I used to take Citalopram when I lived in the United States. Now I am living in South America and I cant find Citalopram here.
Hi thank you again
Withdrawal started a month or 2, after I quit Lexapro. I was physically ill so badly. At a same time, the severest depression set in. It was truly the worst nightmare. I had to go back to antidepresant agsin. A year and a half later. now I’m still fighting for getting back myself, i’m dissociated and depersonalized.... I cannot go back to work yet.

I didn’t like Lexapro but had to take it for a long time.

Crkexa worked for you well?

J

JCPraha

Yes, I eventually sink into a terrible depression myself when I stop taking them and I am certain there are many adverse effects from taking them long term. I suppose it's not such a good idea to begin them in the first place unless it is absolutely necessary.

Catty5

Catty5

Yes, I eventually sink into a terrible depression myself when I stop taking them and I am certain there are many adverse effects from taking them long term. I suppose it's not such a good idea to begin them in the first place unless it is absolutely necessary.
Thank you for your response
If you’ll be extra cautious when you quit it.....I don’t think you have serious withdrawal symptoms as I did.
Yeah I agree “not to take it unless you absolutely need it”.

J

JCPraha

I don't really have bad withdrawal symptoms. In fact, I feel ok when I first stop taking them, but then after a month or two, I eventually slip into a rather severe depression, that is extremely difficult to cope with, almost to the point where I need to be hospitalized. It is quite bad. But, everyone is different.

Catty5

Catty5

I don't really have bad withdrawal symptoms. In fact, I feel ok when I first stop taking them, but then after a month or two, I eventually slip into a rather severe depression, that is extremely difficult to cope with, almost to the point where I need to be hospitalized. It is quite bad. But, everyone is different.
If you take meds like Prozac that has a longer half life and go very slowly, you may not need to worry about withdrawal sxs so much..,
And if you restart it, adverse effects will be gone rather quickly ...but it didn’t go like this in my case. When I restarted Lexapro, it made my condition worse.

M

Marianda

Hi thank you again
Withdrawal started a month or 2, after I quit Lexapro. I was physically ill so badly. At a same time, the severest depression set in. It was truly the worst nightmare. I had to go back to antidepresant agsin. A year and a half later. now I’m still fighting for getting back myself, i’m dissociated and depersonalized.... I cannot go back to work yet.

I didn’t like Lexapro but had to take it for a long time.

Crkexa worked for you well?
[/QUOTE
I am sorry for your situation, I hope you recover soon. I do prefer Celexa than Lexapro, but Celexa is not sold here.
For me there is also the sleep factor. I cant sleep well and that increases my depression and anxiety. I used to take Trazodone to sleep when I was living in the Usa. Trazodone is an old generation of antidepredsants but it makes you sleep and makes you wake up in high spirits.
Trazodone is not sold here, so I am taling klonopin and alprazolam snd still cant sleep well
My depression is worst in the mornings.

Catty5

Catty5

Hi
I’m so sorry they haven’t approved Celexa.
in your country. I tried Trazodon 50mg for sleep only one night, I couldn’t function next day....so drowsy. The same as on Seroquel. So I take the lowest dosage of Remeron that helps me sleep for 6 hours. I gained 8 pounds with Remeron but sleep has improved. I remember I could sleep only 4 hours on Xanax. I’ve never tried Klonopine.
Even if I sleep at night, morning is horrible for me too..,, horribly dissociated. Prozac week 9 now but I have no idea how it’s working yet.

M

Marianda

@Catty5 I have not tried remeron but i tried Seroquel . It made me sleep all night but I started having problems with my muscles, they became very rigid. Besides if I stayed awake late without taking the seroquel I would start feeling very upset, just like a drug addict that needs his drugs. I had to leave Seroquel and withdrawal was horrible. I started tsppering gradually.
I take alprazolam and klonopin but I wake up at 3:00am and have to take more alprazolam . I really. need to find something that makes me sleep all night long.

M

Marianda

@Catty5 I just searched for remeron and its mirtazapine (the generic name) I tried it as soon as I moved here. I could not tolerate it, instead of making me sleeppy it turned me into a hiperactive person.

I remembered I was in bed and started feeling like playing tennis or running. I had to start walking at home in the middle of the night to get rid of that agitation feeling. Remeron nor for me definitely.

Catty5

Catty5

@Catty5 I have not tried remeron but i tried Seroquel . It made me sleep all night but I started having problems with my muscles, they became very rigid. Besides if I stayed awake late without taking the seroquel I would start feeling very upset, just like a drug addict that needs his drugs. I had to leave Seroquel and withdrawal was horrible. I started tsppering gradually.
I take alprazolam and klonopin but I wake up at 3:00am and have to take more alprazolam . I really. need to find something that makes me sleep all night long.
My brain cannot stand at with antipsychotics and mood stabilizer. I was agitated badly. Remeron works well for me. Remeron may activate norepinephrine to excite you? It doesn’t affect me. I sleep well. Like you, I used to wake up at 4 pm and was unable to go back to sleep. Before Remeron, I took Lotazepam to sleep. Xanax was short lived but I could sleep a bit longer with Ativan. It’s a torture to wake up in the dark.....my cats are sleeping at 4 am.
I had muscle rigidity or weakness when I was on Lexapro as you said before.

M

Marianda

Oh good to know about the muscle rigidity and weakness you experienced while on Lexapro. Thst gives me the certainty that the muscle rigidity and weakness I experience now is a result from Lexapro.

Catty5

Catty5

Oh good to know about the muscle rigidity and weakness you experienced while on Lexapro. Thst gives me the certainty that the muscle rigidity and weakness I experience now is a result from Lexapro.
I woke up with vivid nightmares. Prozac causes it. I’m dissociated badly when I woke up. Morning is very hard for me. I used to go to massage once s week when I was on Lexapro

M

Marianda

@Catty5 for me besides the Lexapro rigidity, mornings are when I feel more depressed, my mood gets better after lunch and at night I am fine.

I also feel very tired in the morning, I am searching for a job and after I send a resume I need to go back to bed. If i take a shower and get dressed I feel so tired and I need to rest and go back to bed. Any little thing I do in the morning requires a resting period in bed after the chore is completed.

That does not happen in the afternoon or evening when I can do lots of things without the need of taking resting periods at bed.
I wonder if this is caused by fatigue which is also caused by depression. I want to change medications, but for me is to hard to find an antidepressant that works.

I always thought about trying Prozac but I heard very negative comments, and now you tell me you are having vivid nightmares. I hope you can adjust to prozac and get better.

H

Hello513Zombie

It took Zoloft, welbutrin and venfaxiline all of them made me feel worse and more suicidal

Since I ditched them I actually feel happy again