• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

madworld

M

madworld

good afternoon hope i find this forum helpful as i lived with bipolar the new name for manic depression for some time and as become a part of me as i of it thats it for know thanks madworld(y)

D

Dollit

Hi Madworld and welcome. Lots of us bipolars here - just join in where and when you want and you'll soon feel at home!

cloudberry

cloudberry

Founding Member
Welcome

Hi Madworld,

I hope you find the groups as useful and supportive as I have done. I never feel so alone when I am depressed now, I come on here, conribute to others and/or post up what is worrying me.

Welcome!:welcome:
I hope you are having a good day today,

cloudberry

M

madworld

thanks all /just one thing tho does any one with bp find that when on the highs just the sleeping meds slow them down .thanks mw

D

Dollit

If I'm very high only Olanzapine will work but on a minor high a combination of diazepam during the day and Zopiclone at nights works.

M

madworld

If I'm very high only Olanzapine will work but on a minor high a combination of diazepam during the day and Zopiclone at nights works.
um am simler with the meds but find my self taken more all the time this is a worry thanks mw

Last edited:
D

Dollit

I used to have to take quite large amounts but once I got stabilised the amounts lessened.

M

madworld

that said thay can only stabilize me for a short time, bin like this 20ty odd yrs at late and even taken to drink to slow me down yet found the opposite,bin of the drink for some yrs as a self med um anyhow thanks mw

D

Dollit

I am less manic than depressive and my mania is quite idiosyncratic so I'm not really the best person to ask about mania! I'm the only person that my consultant currently sees with my particular kind of mania.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hello and :welcome: to MHF :)