• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Madness Radio: Art and Schizophrenia Louis Sass

A

Apotheosis

http://www.madnessradio.net/madness-radio-art-and-schizophrenia-louis-sass

Does modern art, such as Artaud, Beckett, and Duchamp, parallel the mad frames of mind that get labeled "schizophrenia?" Is extreme sensitivity and inner self-consciousness behind both artistic innovation and breaks with reality? Rutgers University psychologist Louis Sass, author of Madness And Modernism: Insanity in the Light of Modern Art, Literature, and Thought, discusses art as an insight into the subjective inner world of madness.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i think when you have scitzophrenia the apathy that clouds emotion provides a desperate need for expression. not all scitzophrenics are so self concious only the ones with insight are, for instance somebody i used to know believes he is a radio 1 dj with such conviction that he wouldnt mind telling anybody about it. also i believe you get sensitive scitzophrenics and not so sensitive scitzophrenics. sometimes i get annoyed with the mad genius steriotype oh hes bonkers absolutely stone mad but a genius just because someone is mad doesnt make them brilliant.:D