• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Madness Radio: Art and Schizophrenia Louis Sass

A

Apotheosis

Former member
http://www.madnessradio.net/madness-radio-art-and-schizophrenia-louis-sass

Does modern art, such as Artaud, Beckett, and Duchamp, parallel the mad frames of mind that get labeled "schizophrenia?" Is extreme sensitivity and inner self-consciousness behind both artistic innovation and breaks with reality? Rutgers University psychologist Louis Sass, author of Madness And Modernism: Insanity in the Light of Modern Art, Literature, and Thought, discusses art as an insight into the subjective inner world of madness.

D

diddypinks

Former member
i think when you have scitzophrenia the apathy that clouds emotion provides a desperate need for expression. not all scitzophrenics are so self concious only the ones with insight are, for instance somebody i used to know believes he is a radio 1 dj with such conviction that he wouldnt mind telling anybody about it. also i believe you get sensitive scitzophrenics and not so sensitive scitzophrenics. sometimes i get annoyed with the mad genius steriotype oh hes bonkers absolutely stone mad but a genius just because someone is mad doesnt make them brilliant.:D