• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lying and BPD

A

Arielxo

I just wondered if anyone else lies compulsively (without thinking) with their BPD? Or if they know of any reason why they do it?

R

ricko4

I just wondered if anyone else lies compulsively (without thinking) with their BPD? Or if they know of any reason why they do it?
i must admit thats one of my worst traits but i cant help it i always seem to get into situations where i lie and i can be very convincing if thats any help

A

Arielxo

Me too, Altho my family catch me out on this because they know how often I do it. Is it a defence mechanism? I genuinely can't help it, I don't even know I'm doing it and other times I lie so much about something I end up believing it :(

R

ricko4

Me too, Altho my family catch me out on this because they know how often I do it. Is it a defence mechanism? I genuinely can't help it, I don't even know I'm doing it and other times I lie so much about something I end up believing it :(
i can relate to you i go through exactly the same im diagnosed BPD i also cant think about anything because i cant find the answers my minds just a blank

A

Arielxo

I lied about attempting suicide on Monday at work, now they want to write to my doctors. Which means they will find out I lied as I wasn't in hospital. I don't know why I lied, it's not as if I haven't tried a million times before. Maybe I did it because I wished it was true but terrified now I will lose my job :(

R

ricko4

I lied about attempting suicide on Monday at work, now they want to write to my doctors. Which means they will find out I lied as I wasn't in hospital. I don't know why I lied, it's not as if I haven't tried a million times before. Maybe I did it because I wished it was true but terrified now I will lose my job :(
maybe you need time off work arielxo i helped me ive never tried the suicide bit but my pshyc says i self harm by spending money i aint got

A

Arielxo

maybe you need time off work arielxo i helped me ive never tried the suicide bit but my pshyc says i self harm by spending money i aint got
me too, I'm in debt :( how are you feeling?

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

No, i'm a compulsive truth teller and will blurt things out because I can't hide anything or deal with the guilt of lying.. even if it's a 'nice' lie (like a surprise I have to keep secret). :doh:

I'd be interested in seeing what others experiences are around this though.