• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

lust vs love

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

If you werent able to sleep with the person. Could you spend a long weekend trapped in house with them and not be bored or annoyed ? Are your thoughts centered around how much you have in common and how much you love spending (platonic) time with them or are you constantly admiring their looks and lusting for there body ?

Id like to point out often lust is a big part of initial attraction and love is something that grows over time.

Are you asking for any specific reason ?

L

lonelyclove

i still am confused. i do both. both very intensely i csnt disconect looks from the rest its all the same for me but i dont even like bodies ?! but if the person is ugly or hairy it bothers me its so confusing. i wanna spend the whole time with them tho and itd really psychplogical for me.

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Well feeling both is fine. Sexual attraction is part of love (unless you're asexual of course). Do you usually feel everything very intensely from the beginning ? Does it last or usually change. Do your emotions usually follow a pattern ?

Are you worried about something specific ?

L

lonelyclove

i always feel evrrything intensely . my feeling for.people almost never change even when they should( which is worrysome) my mood towards them changes all th time tho. 1 minure i love them then i hate them etc cause my emotions sre really cray. and yes evrrything follows a pattern alright
its judt i find myself thinking all the time if im lusting or loving i would like to be confortable with my feelings but its hard

N

Nukelavee

If you just like being in the same room with them, it's likely love.

L

lonelyclove

i mean my concerns are obviously alot deeper than modern common sense. i would be incapable of being sexual with anyone if i didnt feel things for them. however i ask myself about the origin of these feelings. i was never in live with anyone i considered somehow less than beautiful.. all the people i ever fell for were like magazine covers. its confusing. even though it was just my.opinion. others didnt think they were that beautiful..idk :/

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

i always feel evrrything intensely . my feeling for.people almost never chan

Do you have a diagnosis ? I feel like thats the only reason not to trust yourself. It sounds like you have normal range of emotion. Lustful emotions are part of love and 90% of the time physical attraction happens before love develops as long as your feeling both. You should be able to trust it.

Why do you doubt yourself ?
i mean my concerns are obviously alot deeper than modern common sense. i would be incapable of being sexual with anyone if i didnt feel things for them. however i ask myself about the origin of these feelings. i was never in live with anyone i considered somehow less than beautiful.. all the people i ever fell for were like magazine covers. its confusing. even though it was just my.opinion. others didnt think they were that beautiful..idk :/

Do you have a diagnosis ? I feel like thats the only reason not to trust yourself. It sounds like you have normal range of emotion. Lustful emotions are part of love and 90% of the time physical attraction happens before love develops as long as your feeling both. You should be able to trust it.

L

lonelyclove

i dont do lust. im very religious i dont wanna lust. i just wanna follow love. i have a fee dx check my profile

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

i dont do lust. im very religious i dont wanna lust. i just wanna follow love. i have a fee dx check my profile
Idk how to check a profile for dx. But anyway. Lust is a natural human emotion and its not something you can supress( and if you try that just makes it worse) now if you mean you dont want to act on lust thats fine. Real easy solution is not to be intimate with someone until you are sure you have fallen in love with them.

L

lonelyclove

yes but thats what im having trouble making sure of .. lol xd

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

yes but thats what im having trouble making sure of .. lol xd
Lmao 😂 so that was whole point of this ?
You just have to follow your heart unless you have any real reason to doubt it. When it doubt wait it out. Lust always fades. True love stays strong.

Newstartformetoday

Newstartformetoday

One lasts moments, the other lasts forever 🕊🕊

E

EstherRose94

I’ve been reading about the difference between romanticism and sexuality this morning. I’m supposed to be doing work for my thesis but I mean oops lol. Anyway it sounds kinda like you’re craving a very close, intimate, and maybe romantic connection. I get that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Linda1989 People 4