lsd

S

staples

i wonder if my illness is a direct consequence of abusing lsd when i was a teenager.

i also abused amphetamines and ecstacy which caused me enough grieve but its the lsd im wondering about im convinced i still have flash backs 15 years later:scared:

F

finetime

LSD is a powerful and illegal hallucinogenic drug, which means that it can cause the user to see and hear things that aren’t real. It is made from lysergic acid, which is mostly produced in illegal laboratories. LSD is also known as acid, microdots, sugar cubes, tabs, and trips. It is sold in the form of tablets, capsules, and occasionally liquids. It is generally added to pieces of absorbent blotting paper that often have brightly coloured pictures and cartoon characters on them.

LSD takes between 30 and 90 minutes to take effect after it is swallowed. The user may feel several different emotions at once or swing quickly from one mood to another. Larger doses can produce hallucinations. Sensations may “cross over” giving the user the feeling of seeing sounds and hearing colours. Some users also develop long and unwanted reactions to the drug. These are often referred to as “bad trips” and can last for hours. During this time the user may experience feelings of terror, panic, and despair. As a result, the user may act out in ways that could cause injury to themselves or others.

Physical side effects of LSD include dilated pupils, raised body temperature, increased heart rate and blood pressure, sweating, loss of appetite, sleeping problems, dry mouth, and tremors.

Some people experience flashbacks after using LSD. Flashbacks can occur after using LSD just once and can happen as long as a year after taking LSD. Flashbacks involve a sudden reoccurrence of whatever the user experienced while on LSD (things they saw, feelings they felt, etc.). Some long-term users may show symptoms of mental illnesses such as schizophrenia or severe depression.

LSD produces drug tolerance. This means that repeated use of the drug will start to lessen its effects. The user will have to continuously increase their doses to dangerous levels in order to get the desired effect.

A

Apotheosis

Certain drugs permanently alter the brain, although it is now acknowledged that the brain does repair itself, recovery from certain substances is life long. The hallucinogens especially do seem to alter something in the head which I doubt is ever the same again. I used a fair amount of ketamine in significant amounts & that probably altered things the most; although quite a few people put my MH "problems" down to using a lot of extacy. Who knows? I took a lot of everything - LSD & mushrooms too, & constantly smoked cannabis for 17 years, among other things. But I have to say that some of it was very enjoyable, & I don't regret any of it; although it's not what I do any more. I think some people could do with taking hallucinogenics. :D

F

finetime

tests on troops

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MshQ7b2gfyU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MshQ7b2gfyU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

J

James Buchanan

I did a lot of Ketamine around two years ago and still feel like my brain is recovering. I have pretty weird visions and some very strange stuff often happens. Though I don't fell it's related to my depression as I had a depressive episode before my drug taking.

I have a friend who took a lot of acid and has developed a fear of fingers. So I guess it can happen.

S

staples

I did a lot of Ketamine around two years ago and still feel like my brain is recovering. I have pretty weird visions and some very strange stuff often happens. Though I don't fell it's related to my depression as I had a depressive episode before my drug taking.

I have a friend who took a lot of acid and has developed a fear of fingers. So I guess it can happen.
i guess i will never know until i meet the lord and he tells me:D

T

Twylight

I read somewhere years ago that mental disorders were definitly Hereditary although it can miss generations.

I had early symptoms years and years before I started using cannabis -I developed Schizophrenia after the death of my father

10 years later my older sister developed Bi polar after the death of our Mother - my sister has never had any illicit drugs.

S

staples

I read somewhere years ago that mental disorders were definitly Hereditary although it can miss generations.

I had early symptoms years and years before I started using cannabis -I developed Schizophrenia after the death of my father

10 years later my older sister developed Bi polar after the death of our Mother - my sister has never had any illicit drugs.
your right, but this thread was a result of ma frame of mind at the time

im a hsmaen

Last edited:
T

Twylight

Yep, I know what you mean.
I still use cannabis now and again - it wakes up my mind and motivates me into doin' stuff
i can go for six months without it
But if I've got some, I can't leave it alone

S

staples

Yep, I know what you mean.
I still use cannabis now and again - it wakes up my mind and motivates me into doin' stuff
i can go for six months without it
But if I've got some, I can't leave it alone
my only vice now is my food and my baccie, each to their own mate

A

Apotheosis

It used to make me more & more un- motivated, until it got to the stage that just sitting in a chair & watching an insect fly around the room was interesting, & could watch for hours; spending days doing absolutely nothing. If doing nothing is possible.