• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

low self esteem

Q

qwerty1234

I am COMFORTABLE with low self esteem. Who cares what the world says about low self esteem. It is satisfying to be selfcritical and have emotion and weakness... we don't have to be positive all the time, that makes no sense. I would rather be accepting, embracing, analytical, sincere.

The problem is that it makes me needy and sometimes I am a jerk instead of reciprocal.

When my Dad asks for interaction sometimes I push him away, whereas when I want attention I become whiny and sad and feel so rejected if I don't get it. I wish I could leave others alone a little more and also have more frequent, safer, closer, more trusting relationships with people when i do interact.

American Boy

American Boy

I am COMFORTABLE with low self esteem. Who cares what the world says about low self esteem. It is satisfying to be selfcritical and have emotion and weakness... we don't have to be positive all the time, that makes no sense. I would rather be accepting, embracing, analytical, sincere.

The problem is that it makes me needy and sometimes I am a jerk instead of reciprocal.

When my Dad asks for interaction sometimes I push him away, whereas when I want attention I become whiny and sad and feel so rejected if I don't get it. I wish I could leave others alone a little more and also have more frequent, safer, closer, more trusting relationships with people when i do interact.
Each person is different, we can't please them all no matter how positive one can be but more importantly is being truthful to yourself and living life with realistic expectations we can't have it all. Some people are accepted where as others are not which causes low self esteem and there isn't really anything that can be changed about it, we are who we are and we just have to make the most of things in life and keep going and doing things that makes us happy and sod everybody else.

Q

qwerty1234

When I am confident people don't seem to like me. I have gotten into a groove where people just talk to me to pull compliments out of me, I hate it and don't want to engage that way anymore.