Low Self-confidence Relationship to Voices

E

Eigau

This is not an easy subject to discuss. But I have found for me, that the voices become worse when my self-confidence is low and when it is good the voices become quiet and their confidence levels drop. Has this been your experience? To me, there seems to be a relationship between one's self-confidence levels and the voices.

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I think when your confidence is high, it is easier to ignore the voices and get things done. But really, if I am honest, the voices have not listened to my confidence levels.

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

The only thing that stopped my voices was Risperidone. I know medication doesn't help everybody, but in my case it saved my life.

BorderlineDownunder

BorderlineDownunder

its probably a matter of Wellness rather than Confidence OP, imho.

When you feel well the voices recede and you feel good.

When they return, its a sign you are unwell again.

E

Eigau

I'm not so sure about that. I've noticed that feeling well can multiply the voices and I usually get musical voices when I'm feeling well. They are not hostile in any way and the I'm not regarded as being sick during that time.

N

nounandnoun

I'm not so sure about that. I've noticed that feeling well can multiply the voices and I usually get musical voices when I'm feeling well. They are not hostile in any way and the I'm not regarded as being sick during that time.
I am very curious about your musical voices Eigau. Last year I had the experience of a chorus of voices singing my thoughts. The voices circled me, as if it were a group of people stood just behind me singing and they sang in the round so my already jumbled thoughts became even more jumbled and it ended in a rabble that made no sense, the thoughts just broken down to sounds, syllables instead of words. It was one of the most glorious experiences of my life. I felt like I was allowed an experiences of purity, estrainged from the enslaught I had been struggling sluggishly against.

Sometimes now I can voices to join in with me when I sing. They seem to like swing low sweet chariot for some reason. Once a voice started so that I would join in with them as well!

These things never happen often though, which I find a shame.

I would be interested in hearing about your experiences with musical voices

Kerome

Kerome

For me they respond greatly to the amount of sleep I have been having. Good long restful sleep tends to keep them quiet. I have not noticed them to respond much to my confidence level, although I have noticed that my resiliency tends to wear away the longer I am hearing voices.

I have sung with them on one or two occasions, and once that I tried to sing but they couldn't do it. People look east and I like the flowers were the songs. I never did get them to sing swing low sweet chariot, although I know it and like it a lot.

Lately my voices have separated out into two categories, the helpful and the hopeless. The hopeless seem to believe they are doomed in some way.

N

nounandnoun

For me they respond greatly to the amount of sleep I have been having. Good long restful sleep tends to keep them quiet. I have not noticed them to respond much to my confidence level, although I have noticed that my resiliency tends to wear away the longer I am hearing voices.

I have sung with them on one or two occasions, and once that I tried to sing but they couldn't do it. People look east and I like the flowers were the songs. I never did get them to sing swing low sweet chariot, although I know it and like it a lot.

Lately my voices have separated out into two categories, the helpful and the hopeless. The hopeless seem to believe they are doomed in some way.
How funny that our voices are so drawn to choral songs. I suppose there is something in the experience of singing in the round that resonates with the experience of being connected to a collection of voices.

I should have said as well, in response to the original point of the thread, that I haven't noticed the variation of voices with confidence levels. Definitely the experiences I described above buffered my self esteem, having some positive experiences with them as well as the mental attacks they normally represent to me. I find my voices are louder when I am alone. Some are there when i am with others but it seems some are shy and will wait and then speak with a vengence when i am alone. I normally feel more confident when i am on my own, so perhaps I have the inverse problem

E

Eigau

I am very curious about your musical voices Eigau. Last year I had the experience of a chorus of voices singing my thoughts. The voices circled me, as if it were a group of people stood just behind me singing and they sang in the round so my already jumbled thoughts became even more jumbled and it ended in a rabble that made no sense, the thoughts just broken down to sounds, syllables instead of words. It was one of the most glorious experiences of my life. I felt like I was allowed an experiences of purity, estrainged from the enslaught I had been struggling sluggishly against.

Sometimes now I can voices to join in with me when I sing. They seem to like swing low sweet chariot for some reason. Once a voice started so that I would join in with them as well!

These things never happen often though, which I find a shame.

I would be interested in hearing about your experiences with musical voices
Yes, the experience of musical voices can be very exhillerating.

The voices I hear like singing. They will sing my religious music or popular songs from the radio from the 60s to the 2000s. I can initiate a song or they can. Changes can be made on the fly, new parts can be created and added into the song seemlessly. They are very good with lyric changes without interruption to the rhythm. It is an amazing experience to hear them this way and I think it shows their potential to be useful to people.

The only downer is that they seem to use up a lot of my own energy to do this and I can get exhausted from the constant music over a period of about two weeks, leading to a crisis that can ramp up to critical in less than a week. But as Kerome has said they respond well to sleep. So it is must to have a good sleeping plan during those times.

Last edited: