• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Low Motivation and far too sleepy!

P

PowerRunRest!

I used to be an earlybird and get out of bed to either go for a run or go out cycling with my club. Since I have been on medication, I have been waking up much later no matter how early I go to bed! This fustrates me as I am thinking about going back into work and maybe going to college.
I wonder, will it always be like this for me? Does anyone else feel the same?!:mad:

Jo1760

Jo1760

Hi PRR,

Its incrediably frustrating when that happens ins't it. Unfortunately some medications and also types of mental health illness can effect how tired and motivated a person feels.

It seems to be the norm that once a person begins on the road to recovery and starts to make progress then motivation slowly becomes more preasant. I have to say it differs from person to person, but I am sure at some point in the future you will be able to feel less exhausted.

Take care.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
yes I feel the same the need to sleep is overwhelming and its as if there is a blockage in me stopping me from doing jobs that need doing. I don't know whether its continued symtoms of depression or the medication or both but it seems to be going on a long time.
KP

P

PortsmouthBFG

its horrible thing to have, ive had it for many years even gets to the point sometimes where i cant start or finish a conversation in work. Its so much a struggle for me to hold down a proper job for more then 8month. Chronic Fatigue was ruled out so i aint got a clue why im like this.

Prince Buster

Prince Buster

Jo knows me, the rest of you don't so hi.

When i was last here I don't remember there being a sleep section otherwise I would have been in it all the time.

I have posted elsewhere how my sleep continues to cause a problem. It has just got so out of control I slept for 11 hours last night and then slept all day. Since my return to work (March 10) today is the first day I have taken off. I don't think it will be the last.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Wellbeing 1
J Wellbeing 5
K Wellbeing 8
E Wellbeing 4
SunnyDaze Wellbeing 14