• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

low, anyone around

D

dewey

hi guys feeling really low anyone around to talk

L

Ladyfair

Hi how are you feeling dewey?

D

dewey

Hi how are you feeling dewey?
I feel pretty low as if there is no reason for life going forward.
I feel a complete loss of motivation to keep trying.
Hopelessness.
I am tired of being hurt by others

Thanks for replying

D

dewey

hey dewey why so low?
I wish I could easily pinpoint exactly why but the depression is so long and ongoing.
Just this hopelessness and feeling I'll never trust anyone and be happy.
Never feel the love I need.
I got a bit involved with someone lately who turned out to be completely insane and abusive. He lost his mind.
I wonder why people who treat me like this get attracted towards me. Like they gravitate towards me.
Have I got a sign over my head saying abuse me.
It feels like it's just gonna keep being like this since this is what history has shown.
I can't find any real motivation like life is gonna be good.

C

CabbageMama

Dewey, try to just think about here and now - I know that is shit. But no need to think back to how things were, no point in thinking forward to how things might have been. Just focus on right here, right now. Even if it doesn’t feel amazing. Where you are is where you are. However horrible it is, I sometimes feel a bit of comfort in that, Just try and do now, this minute, this moment. For now. X

JessisMe

JessisMe

I wish I could easily pinpoint exactly why but the depression is so long and ongoing.
Just this hopelessness and feeling I'll never trust anyone and be happy.
Never feel the love I need.
I got a bit involved with someone lately who turned out to be completely insane and abusive. He lost his mind.
I wonder why people who treat me like this get attracted towards me. Like they gravitate towards me.
Have I got a sign over my head saying abuse me.
It feels like it's just gonna keep being like this since this is what history has shown.
I can't find any real motivation like life is gonna be good.
I can definitely understand your feelings of hopelessness given all you have been through. I wonder if being with these crazy and abusive men has made you more discerning so you could see the red flags early on that something might not be entirely right about a person or a relationship? There are some crazy people out there but there are good people out there too. Maybe you can learn to waste less time on the crazy abusers so you can have more time open to pursue relationships with healthier people? I know how hopeless things probably feel for you now but things can get better.
There are good people out there. You can find them. You can make strong choices to pursue what and who you want in life and shut what you don’t want out. We all have so much more power than we think we have to shape outcomes in any given situation. When I get low I usually like to stay there awhile. But this low period will pass and things will have the chance to be better soon. xo, j

D

dewey

I can definitely understand your feelings of hopelessness given all you have been through. I wonder if being with these crazy and abusive men has made you more discerning so you could see the red flags early on that something might not be entirely right about a person or a relationship? There are some crazy people out there but there are good people out there too. Maybe you can learn to waste less time on the crazy abusers so you can have more time open to pursue relationships with healthier people? I know how hopeless things probably feel for you now but things can get better.
There are good people out there. You can find them. You can make strong choices to pursue what and who you want in life and shut what you don’t want out. We all have so much more power than we think we have to shape outcomes in any given situation. When I get low I usually like to stay there awhile. But this low period will pass and things will have the chance to be better soon. xo, j
People always say there are good people out there, there are good relationships. I don't see them at all cause every relationship is always bad.

I do try to identify red flags but these people somehow suck me in, they find a way to chip away at me.
Sometimes I think I identify the red flags but I just ignore them and keep going anyway.

I'm flipping depressed, thinking I will never ever find someone good to love me.

The whole of life just feels pointless anyway.

Thanks for being here though

JessisMe

JessisMe

People always say there are good people out there, there are good relationships. I don't see them at all cause every relationship is always bad.

I do try to identify red flags but these people somehow suck me in, they find a way to chip away at me.
Sometimes I think I identify the red flags but I just ignore them and keep going anyway.

I'm flipping depressed, thinking I will never ever find someone good to love me.

The whole of life just feels pointless anyway.

Thanks for being here though
I have ignored the red flags before too just because I so wanted to be in a relationship or have someone to love me. I always ended up paying the price too. I know there are good relationships out there because people have them and in the past I have had one. There are plenty of bad people to be in relationships with too I guess. I’m sorry you are feeling this way. It’s how I feel a lot too. But things can change. xo, j

C

CabbageMama

I’m here too, Dewey. Please don’t see me as any kind of role model, for numerous reasons, but I am here for you. 41 and not doing too brilliantly personally, but I’m here if you need a bit of comedy about a crappy situation. Plus I have some (depending how you look at it...) great experience. X