Loving dangerously toxic people

G

George10111

Listen I don't use that word lightly. Its almost like a swear word. Defining a toxic person, somebody who puts you in danger, says hurtful things, is careless and inconsiderate to the extreme. There is somebody like this trying to pry their way back into my life from a long time ago, an old friend.

I met this guy awhile ago and we hung out, went camping, got drunk together all the time but he had some far out ideas. He was very rough around the edges and reckless. When we were around family he pretended to be more respectful but once we were gone he was always extremely sarcastic, never took anything seriously and was downright obnoxious. We hung out one time a month ago, for the first time since 2015. Since then I've had to not answer to his calls and I've felt bad but I don't know what else to do. he's the type of person you'd better have a very elaborate and valid excuse to not go see.

Today he calls me then blows up at me, filling my inbox full of rude messages and pulling wild ideas out of his butt. I said, 'look man with all respect we can still have a good friendship without having to see each other every day.' He asked my mom what my schedule looks like because he thought I was lying. He proceeded to fill my inbox with rude messages but then apologized. I said it was ok but I will probably never answer this person again now.

G

George10111

To clarify, I hadn’t answered his calls in a while and we hadn’t spoken in weeks and he got mad when I didn’t answer and began harassing me and filling my inbox full of rude messages