• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Love-Hate BPD Cycle With Boyfriend

N

Nukelavee

"hey, actually, you have a specific personality disorder and it's common for people like you to act this way; it's not 100% your fault."
Just remember, not being 100% your fault doesn't mean you can let yourself indulge problem behaviour. It seems pretty common for people with BPD to get to the point of realizing or understanding how it affects their moods and behaviour, but not to take the next step to try to modify that behaviour.

Modifying your behaviour and untangling your reasons for some of it can be hard work, but is worth it.

G

Girl interupted

Well said Nuke

N

Nukelavee

thank you.

I've been working on that myself lately - Had a close friend comment out of the blue about the positive changes, so, yay.

L

Liana

This will help your bf with the winter blahs

10 to 20 minutes every morning and will help with mood, energy levels and sleep at night.

I use mine as I'm answering emails from work each morning.
Wow thanks for the recommendation!

L

Liana

Just remember, not being 100% your fault doesn't mean you can let yourself indulge problem behaviour. It seems pretty common for people with BPD to get to the point of realizing or understanding how it affects their moods and behaviour, but not to take the next step to try to modify that behaviour.

Modifying your behaviour and untangling your reasons for some of it can be hard work, but is worth it.
Yes definitely! Recognizing there's an issue is the starting point, not something that excuses bad behavior! I was just saying that sometimes it's okay to remind myself that I have BPD and that certain things are particularly hard to deal with for me personally (not that a BPD diagnosis replaces hard work I have to put in myself). Thanks for the kind reminder!