• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Love and BPD

T

tylerrjdso

Im 18 years old and have been diagnosed with BPD for a little over a year now.
a year and a half ago i went through a major break up. these days i feel like i still love him and i have an attachment to him despite having no contact.
Am i really in love with him or is this a symptom or effect of my BPD?

Any advice anyone?

V

Vegay

Im 18 years old and have been diagnosed with BPD for a little over a year now.
a year and a half ago i went through a major break up. these days i feel like i still love him and i have an attachment to him despite having no contact.
Am i really in love with him or is this a symptom or effect of my BPD?

Any advice anyone?
Hey. I was broken up with in September 2018. I still feel like I love the person. We have zero contact and she has moved on. I don't believe this to be BPD related but that's just my opinion.

G

Gia Kaysen 02360

I still care for the ones I’ve been with and it’s very hard. I fell like you have to remember the good times but look forward to future relationships. The person I’m with now is amazing and I’m glad I’m with him. If I didn’t move on I wouldn’t be with him. It’s normal but hard to go through. Look to the future

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Pushing someone i love away due to BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
L Love-Hate BPD Cycle With Boyfriend Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
S Why do most people think those with BPD can't love? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 32
trueloveseeker "BPD - Borderlines Don't Cant & Won't Love You or Attach To You" Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 17
S Finding love with BPD is hard Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
M Caring love not romantic love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
K I don't understand love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
B Getting over being in love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
M No more begging for love! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
M Love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 16
trueloveseeker Love Relationships With Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
B I just dont think relationships are for me as much as id love them to be Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
B Unconditional love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
T I don't think I'll ever find love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 17
M sucks i fell in love with my roommate Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
D Love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
B I'm not in love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
Koi1971 Love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
S how to stop from hurting those I love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
F i want to tell my psychiatrist i am in love with her Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
soulsearcher saw this and it really made me think about myself and other bpd sufferers Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
M BPD and Anxiety Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
T Bpd outburst last night really bad and now I feel terrible Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 26
TheEmperorsChampion BPD and Conflict Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
C Help my sister has BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
T Just diagnosed with BPD and struggling to cope on a daily basis Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
L Are BPD relationships rushed? Was mine? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
L Do BPD relationships have to follow the cycle frequently? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
L I can’t handle my BPD anymore Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
D Am I a weird case of BPD or do I have NPD as well. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
L Can someone have quiet BPD, but it doesnt show up in the relationship until something traumatic occurs? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
M Employment and BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
P Was she really BPD ? or narcissist ? (long painful story) Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
M I think depression was masking my BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
aleks1009 BPD - an identity crissis Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
F I have bpd and i hate my life because of it Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
B Online dating with BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5
D How my bpd feels like. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4
F I finally told my nurse about my bpd symptoms Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
T My wife has BPD and it feels like I’m loosing my mind Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
Scream2 Social Media And BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
Fairy Fountain I don't believe that I have BPD. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 21
AvadaKedavra15 BPD and Work - interested in how others manage this Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
B Most troublesome BPD symtom? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 30
3 Suspected bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
N BPD and risk taking behaviour Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
midnightphoenix bpd Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
F How do you overcome BPD? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
D Bpd and connections to sex drive etc MAY HOLD TRIGGERS FOR SOME. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
D BPD Facial ticks Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6