• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lousy day, yesterday

S

salparadise6132

Hi

I am new here.

Yesterday, I fought with my daughter because she really doesn't want to visit me here anymore (she is 14), found out that my ex has "moved on" and lost access to another depression forum I was a member of - some sort of technical error:

"Your settings could not be read by IP.Board. This is a fatal error and IP.Board cannot function while this issue persists."

It doesn't sound like much, but I don't know if I can cope.

katya

katya

Hi

I am new here.

Yesterday, I fought with my daughter because she really doesn't want to visit me here anymore (she is 14), found out that my ex has "moved on" and lost access to another depression forum I was a member of - some sort of technical error:

"Your settings could not be read by IP.Board. This is a fatal error and IP.Board cannot function while this issue persists."

It doesn't sound like much, but I don't know if I can cope.
Aw, I'm so sorry. That's a lot to take on, especially without the support system you're used to.

Are there any contact details for the website generally?

Your 14-year-old daughter will probably come round; she's only 14 and her hormones must be all over the place right now. I know it's hard right now, but don't see this as a forever thing because it's very likely not to be.

I'm so sorry your ex has moved on; that must be hard. How did you break up? Was it long ago? Do you feel ready to move on yet?

Hope you can find some support here while your normal support system is unavailable.

:hug1:

S

salparadise6132

Thanks for the response Jruth

I know my daughter will come around. I just feel bad that I lost it a little with her.

It has been 18 months since my ex and I split. I have dated a little, and am Emailing with someone very nice and promising right now, but there is a part of me that can't give Heidi up. I do still love her. Though, I also know we wouldn't be good together. It is such a barrage of mixed emotions (though, mostly bad ones lol). I am glad, at some level, that she has someone.

S

salparadise6132

At my apartment. She doesn't want to be here anymore. Another person abandons me.

katya

katya

It has been 18 months since my ex and I split. I have dated a little, and am Emailing with someone very nice and promising right now, but there is a part of me that can't give Heidi up. I do still love her. Though, I also know we wouldn't be good together. It is such a barrage of mixed emotions (though, mostly bad ones lol). I am glad, at some level, that she has someone.
It's understandable that part of you would find it difficult to let go. How long were you together? It must be comforting on some level to know that you wouldn't work, though, and that this is probably for the best. I'm glad you're glad she has someone too. Hopefully you and this emailing person will get together soon.

:)

S

salparadise6132

Well, I am feeling a little better. My 12 hours of hurt and irrationality are almost up (did I expect her to become a nun for the rest of her life? lol). Time to put on my big boy pants and be thankful that she has found someone, and that I will too, probably, and that I have goals to chance and life to yet live.