• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Loud voices

doomsayers

doomsayers

I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder . But im hearing voices and see people telling me to do bad stuff. Its mainly to self harm and take an overdose. I am trying my best not to listen but they are getting louder. I am scared. I have already self harmed. I need to do it. Im in medication but nothing is helping me i feel no other way out apart from sucide

telepathic_one

telepathic_one

Im not a health professional so I can only give opinions but I think you need to see a physiatrists and get diagnosed it sounds a lot like schizophrenia to me and medicine does help.

doomsayers

doomsayers

Im not a health professional so I can only give opinions but I think you need to see a physiatrists and get diagnosed it sounds a lot like schizophrenia to me and medicine does help.

doomsayers

doomsayers

Thank you. Im on medication and see my psychiatrist. They have said its borderline personality disorder with anxiety disorders and depression.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I hear a voice too, I also have a good friend who hears voices and sees things and she gets told to harm herself as well. Even tonight she's been told to take an overdose, I've tried to talk to her but she's gone quiet and I'm very worried about her.

I'll tell you the same thing I told her, they can't force you to do anything, I treat my voice like a very naughty little child, I'm the boss of him and not the other way around.

They want you to harm yourself because they can't harm you.

Another voice hearing friend of mine takes no shit from her voices just like I don't, she has a right attitude towards her voices and will swear at them if they ever suggested anything that would harm her. I just ignore mine completely, I haven't said a word to my voice for nearly five years as punishment for misbehaving.

Stay strong, you're in control and they know it, that's why they hate you so much, they're just a voice or a vision that can't do anything but try to scare you, please be brave.

telepathic_one

telepathic_one

Sometimes my voices will get busy and go away on the weekends i hope that's what happens with you

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Even tonight she's been told to take an overdose, I've tried to talk to her but she's gone quiet and I'm very worried about her.
I have an update about my friend, after speaking to me she went to sleep for a few hours which is why she went silent, I've thanked her for doing what I asked her to do when her voices command her to do bad things to herself, I asked her to always talk to me about it day or night in the hopes I can help her.

If she'd asked me to I would have gone to her house and sat with her all night if I had to.

doomsayers

doomsayers

I gave in to them. I self harmed really deep. Took an overdose. Been in hospital. I dont know how much longer i can carry on anymore. I dont really go on here only when im desperate.

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

Sometimes mental illness can have a bottom line. We do things in a split second to ourselves. Slow down and maybe you will find some answers in your recovery. I too have had suicide attempts but I learned from them.
Indulge yourself in some deep thought. Think about why instead of how. Why did I do this to myself instead of how can i harm again. security is something that should be valued in life and security with your mind and body is a great relationship to start in recovery.

We all get into mental highs but how we relate and handle it is what matters.

Take care

doomsayers

doomsayers

I understand what your saying. But it's not just the voices i genuinely want to die. I carry on for others. But deep down i fake my smile fake being happy. Say im ok. All the time wanting to die.

Bluejay7500

Bluejay7500

I understand what your saying. But it's not just the voices i genuinely want to die. I carry on for others. But deep down i fake my smile fake being happy. Say im ok. All the time wanting to die.
Through program I found happiness. I was such a wreck and lost inside my mind. I practiced mindfulness and holistic therapy to help feel better. Some days I still think being alive is too hard... but I found a little bit of happiness through all my hard work. Has anything helped you in the past? It’s good to create good memories and share them.

doomsayers

doomsayers

No all i think about is self harm. Which ways i would commit suicide. Its consumes me.