• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lost

micas

micas

Can an almost 46 year have dementia of some sort? I ask this because signs of its onset are many. I made an EEG and gonna make an Mr for my new neurologist tov see. I said new cause I've been followed by a shrink for years, and I took almost every antipsychotic there is. I've heard they simulate or even lead to dementia.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It is possible the medication can also protect your brain from dementia. Nobody knows the cause, illness or medication. Your doctor should be able to do some basic tests to see, and maybe tell you one way or another. I have heard of children with it so i don't think it is too early. I know of someone who was 50 and was suddenly very depressed and it turned out she had dementia. Depression was the beginning of it for her.

I think what happens will happen so there is no point worry too much about anything. Just see your doctor and ask. What will be will be.