• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lost

L

LTV1985

It has been a while since I posted anything but just recently I am finding myself in another slump.

I am currently sat in my room listening to the families outside having fun and enjoying the weather. I am asking myself, why can't I have that? Why can't I have a conversation without feeling very awkward and shy. I really want what everyone else has but a social mechanism in my brain holds me back from connecting.

I have been in lock down for months now and have put my life on hold due to pandemic, or so I thought! I have come to the realization that I am using the lock down as an excuse to smooth over my problems. Questions like;
Why don't i get out more? I can't because of the lock down.
Why can't I meet someone? I can't because of the lock down.
Why can't I figure out a positive path in my life? I will figure it out after the pandemic is over.

This roller coaster that I call my life is not worth the emotional pain. I am getting to an age now where if I don't do something about my situation I could be alone forever.

I just wish I seen myself like other people see me.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Welcome back. It sounds like you may be in the right place now to seek support for your social anxiety. I think this is a huge step forward for you.

jajingna

jajingna

The families may be having fun but I've never known a family without its share of struggles.

L

LTV1985

Welcome back. It sounds like you may be in the right place now to seek support for your social anxiety. I think this is a huge step forward for you.
Thank you. Hearing kind words from other people really does help :)

U

Uno

i have blamed lockdown for stuff. But even before lockdown i was not making the most of the opportunities that i had, i've avoided a lot of social events due to feeling too self conscious and fear of not talking enough and coming across as weird or boring to others. i'm hoping that once things have calmed down enough i can be a bit braver or luckier. hopefully both. :)

T

TyFence

You could have gone outside and sat closer to your family. Then you would be available.

L

LTV1985

i have blamed lockdown for stuff. But even before lockdown i was not making the most of the opportunities that i had, i've avoided a lot of social events due to feeling too self conscious and fear of not talking enough and coming across as weird or boring to others. i'm hoping that once things have calmed down enough i can be a bit braver or luckier. hopefully both. :)
Thanks Uno, your comments are greatly appreciated. it is always nice to relate to people who knows what I am going through.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Social Anxiety Forum 3
L Social Anxiety Forum 4