• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lost myself

U

Undercoverofthenight

I know this feeling all too well.

I have always worried about what others think, and have lived my life accordingly.

I have just come to a realization reading your post. This realization is Liberating.

You have ddetermined that you have spent your whole life living by what others think.

Now you wish to carry on living for yourself.

That is so Beautiful.

And I am right here with you.

I am done letting others energy affect me.

You are a Good person, you care deeply for others.

But it is time to live for yourself.

Carry on my friend.

All will be well!

M

Maggimay1

I think it's important to be true to ourself. We know our likes, our dislikes, our true characters that can always be improved/changed and built on. I think we should follow our instincts. Hope this helps :)
My problem is at the moment I'm not sure if I know me years of reacting as I felt others wanted me to left me burying my real.me my reactions my very thoughts, so before I can safely say what I like etc I need to get to know the person I should be ,and then get to trust my instincts ,thank you

M

Maggimay1

I know this feeling all too well.

I have always worried about what others think, and have lived my life accordingly.

I have just come to a realization reading your post. This realization is Liberating.

You have ddetermined that you have spent your whole life living by what others think.

Now you wish to carry on living for yourself.

That is so Beautiful.

And I am right here with you.

I am done letting others energy affect me.

You are a Good person, you care deeply for others.

But it is time to live for yourself.

Carry on my friend.

All will be well!
Thanks ,the realisation was a big step for me it came from desperation to find a way out of the darkest tunnel, i had to find out where I had gone wrong, I don't want to stop caring for others but ME has to be factored into the equation from now on ,finding the way to change is going to be difficult without losing loads of important people. An everest ......

Z

Zaz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I've always thought you have to love yourself first before you can love others. And loving yourself is so much harder to do.

M

Maggimay1

Too true,
but hard as I'm finding it to accept it seems we can lose ourselves in giving until there is little left and its a daunting thought that I have to rebuild me and set boundaries to protect me from losing myself again ,hoping counselling can help guide me because its a fog out there I have no idea where to start......

Z

Zaz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It won't be easy but I've found everytime I've had to start from scratch that I grow a little bit stronger each time. You'll find your way you just have to be patient 🙂

M

Maggimay1

It won't be easy but I've found everytime I've had to start from scratch that I grow a little bit stronger each time. You'll find your way you just have to be patient 🙂
Thanks it is heartening to hear people have got there ,im willing to put in every effort just need a kick start..

U

Undercoverofthenight

Thanks ,the realisation was a big step for me it came from desperation to find a way out of the darkest tunnel, i had to find out where I had gone wrong, I don't want to stop caring for others but ME has to be factored into the equation from now on ,finding the way to change is going to be difficult without losing loads of important people. An everest ......

You can do it.

I will be joining you in this journey.

let us Liberate ourselves from the judgement of others.

Those you lose will not matter, they were'nt meant to stay.

Live for you!

M

Maggimay1

Today this journey seems a jigsaw of disjointed routes and my head cant pick a way ,im so down I cant shake this feeling that its too much just too much to take on a revamp of me ,easier to just ....I don't know what drift along in this half life .......

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Anxiety Forum 1
L Anxiety Forum 4
L Anxiety Forum 9
TheEagle15 Anxiety Forum 1
X Anxiety Forum 1