lost myself .. grief and depression

S

Snowyrabbit

so i have been in floods of tears because i feel like i am not here and i feel i have lost myself .. so i started crying my eye's out like a baby , pain is all i felt , pain is all i feel sometimes .. if i'm not here then where am i , if i feel like i've lost myself it can be painful .. who else experiences this feeling of grief .... depersonalisation . derealisation .. dissociation i'm so tired of it all , i just want to feel here and ofcourse a lot of the time i don't and i question who is sitting here and i really do not know , one minute i feel like a broken child next minute i feel like a different gender, i'm always disconnected from myself and my body to the point where it gets too much . i hate this illness, it's a really horrible illness and it certainly feels so horrible at times . How do you cope with the feeling of not being there , feeling like you have disappeared into thin air and wandering who the hell you are? :-(

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

You know, when I did my inner child work (John Bradshaw) it was like I went back to the wounded child and started myself over again as an okay child. This really helped.

S

Snowyrabbit

hi poopydoll , thanks for your reply on this ...

G

goodgollymiss

Moderation is key. Sometimes you need to acknowledge a little bit of bad while focusing on the potential for a lot of good in your life

ghost_girl80

ghost_girl80

this sounds just like me! i don't know, i just wonder how others can be comfortable in their own skin & really know who they are, it makes me jealous. i'm not jealous of money or houses or cars, but of those who seem to have that peace of mind in knowing who they are, what they want & like & all that good stuff! idk, i just know how you feel bc i feel the same way. how do we get to that place where we can like ourselves, be connected & all that? good luck & hey if you figure it out pls let me know ok?