• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lost my ESA

M

Mattman1983

Today i got a letter following an evaluation. I knew this would happen. So now what do I do? i get no money what so ever now so i guess thats it for me

sallyG

sallyG

you can appeal cant you?..im so sorry to hear youve lost your esa..do they want to put you on JSA now.?

R

rasselas

If yoiu haven't already done so I'd recommend you make an appointment with an independent benefits adviser. Your local Citizen's Advice will be able to either provide one or point you to one.

They will be able to help you navigate the maze, fill in forms, and launch an effective appeal.

Additionally, their assistance will likely decrease your stress over the matter.

You can find your local centre CAB here:

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

:)

M

Mattman1983

I got the letter this morning. lovely thing to sit on for a weekend. I know about going to the CAB, but thanks for the pointer. I was turned down for JSA last time I applied.

Thing is, I had to spend £10 on petrol to get to the assesment for which they will not reimburse. They could have talked to me over the phone. I know I'm able bodied, they could have asked me the one question. I feel like I have been put through the mill. had my time wasted. ripped off then dumped.

I have so many negative thoughts as a result of all this. now i have to speak to more people that i dont know and trust. im so exhausted with it all

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Hi as well as CAB you can get help and advice from your local Law centre http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/ free of charge.

You have 4 weeks to appeal from the date on your letter of refusal.

On a seperate issue Why on earth should they reimburse you £10 for travel costs or why on earth did you think they should? If you were too ill to attend the appointment then your GP should have wrote you a letter.

Last edited:
M

Mattman1983

I was told they would reimburse me for travelling the 25 mile round trip and paying for parking in leeds. I had to go to the dwp to be assesed for physical work capability.

this could have been done over the phone. it had nothing to do with my own gp.

im not physically disabled. i was reimbursed the train ticket for the assesment in york last year. they lost my file and hence i had to have this current one

dib4uk

dib4uk

They really should've reimburshed you, they did for me. If its conducted by the same organisation-which i believe that all medical assesments for ESA is undertaken by the same big large company, then you should get your travelling money back.

Just like everyone else has said i would appeal, i did and i won it, but also get some help for your tribunial it is important that you get some form of help.

Good luck with it all.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

I was told they would reimburse me for travelling the 25 mile round trip and paying for parking in leeds. I had to go to the dwp to be assesed for physical work capability.

this could have been done over the phone. it had nothing to do with my own gp.

im not physically disabled. i was reimbursed the train ticket for the assesment in york last year. they lost my file and hence i had to have this current one

Did you get that in writing Matt?

M

Mattman1983

Its on the letter. i was meant to get a claim form from them. no-one on reception to get one from though. its negligable as tomorrow i have a lot to do in order to launcha good appeal