• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Lost my drive in Life

Black_Sheep95

Black_Sheep95

Hello!

Several times I tried to share my story here and I never know where to start, and always deleting the post before sharing it. So, I will start with what happened recently. Last month I attempted suicide for the first time, because, simply, I was hopeless and powerless to continue living this way. Living everyday is suffering, but now I know that to die is not the solution. I have cut all the social connections(which there were not many) and I live with my parents.
I am refugee, civil war survivor and I left my country after my older brother was killed. Since then, the suffering has not left me. I have been to therapists and psychiatrists and have been in several medications for years but I hardly feel that they helped me in anyway. Now I feel that I am in a limbo, and I do not know what to do.
Please do not feel sorry for me or anything, because I feel like a ghost in a nobody's land.

kimidare

kimidare

Hi Black sheep :)

Do you have the possibility to go to a beautiful and calm place, to take your mind off things ? In nature or a place with animals if you like them. Where you can try to concentrate on what you hear, touch etc and reconnect slowly with the reality.

The reality is not just the bad events. Even if it seems to devour every positive thing.
Are you experiencing flashbacks from your bad memories ?

Be nice with yourself, you went through a lot.

shy guy

shy guy

Hello Black sheep. You've really been through a lot. I'm glad you're in a safer location now. I'm sure it will take time to feel better again. What kinds of things did you enjoy doing before the depression started? Perhaps you can take some small baby steps towards trying one or two of those again. Sometimes watching a funny TV show or video on the internet lifts my spirits a little when I'm struggling. Spending some time with other people can be helpful too, even if it's just taking a walk outside or at a store and saying hi to someone in passing. I'm sure you know all that, though. Hang in there. You're definitely not alone in struggles with depression. I hope you feel better soon.

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Hello Black sheep. You've really been through a lot. I'm glad you're in a safer location now. I'm sure it will take time to feel better again. What kinds of things did you enjoy doing before the depression started? Perhaps you can take some small baby steps towards trying one or two of those again. Sometimes watching a funny TV show or video on the internet lifts my spirits a little when I'm struggling. Spending some time with other people can be helpful too, even if it's just taking a walk outside or at a store and saying hi to someone in passing. I'm sure you know all that, though. Hang in there. You're definitely not alone in struggles with depression. I hope you feel better soon.
Very good advice.

T

treasurebox

Know that your situation is not permanent. It will pass. There will be better days for you.

What helped me is listening to good, encouraging and uplifting songs on youtube or online. Music is therapeutic. Listen every day or as often as needed.

Another thing that helped me is doing what I love and enjoy doing and that is writing. What do you love or enjoy doing? Do it for it will make you happy and give you satisfaction and fulfillment.